added another one to the stable yesterday

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know I know... you might be sick of seeing these.. haha

I have decided to get rid of my mg after pricing up everything that it needs and realized that I would rather put that into a mopar.

My 1968 Dart is going to the body shop this winter as is our 1966 coronet and I got enough money for now stored away for my dart to get it in primer and all the suspension parts so I figured I had a little fool around money.

I stumbled across a craigslist add in Thompson,Ct for a 1967 Dart parts car - 6 cyl - $750

I figured it was going to be junk and it would give me something I could do (part it out)

The add didn't have pictures or a phone number, I usually don't respond unless there is a phone number but this one was a exception. after a day or two I got pictures and realize it to be a good project car, very complete and original 1967 dart GT 2 door.

I got it for $750 and going to pick it up next weekend. At first all they said about the condition was it was "rough" I couldn't get much out of them, I called and he said he parked it there 3 years ago and the frame and floors are good! right there I bought it sight unseen,

I tried to get pics of the trunk but she said the trunk lock was stuck so I waited (after I bought car) for pictures and she sent me pics of the trunk and she found a rust free drivers fender for it and the trunk is all original with the mat and jack! he also has other extra parts for it.

The interior is very nice! Very nice unripped buckets and console and even the dash pad and door panels are very good.

everything is complete on the car and I think I got a AMAZING deal!!

I will be adding pictures in a couple minutes

Not a bad deal at all, but looks like your gonna have some rust issues to deal with.
I'd rather pay more up front for a car that doesn't need so much metal work.

Good luck with it.

sweet and the dash still has factory radio. lol no hacksawed hole. but man that baby needs a bath and scrubbing at carwash. lol my buddy got thrown out of a carwash once after cleaning a duster out he bought. It was level with the backseat with newspapers and trash. he filled every trash car at the carwash.

Just went and got the dart yesterday. It's worse then we thought but not horrible.

The floors and trunk are really solid but the torsion bar crossmember was patched and it needs a spare tire well.

The frame is really solid as is the quarter and trunk extensions .!!!!

It looks like it's gonna need a right quarter skin and a left - behind the wheel patch which I have. It might also need a right side rocker panel- (stupid rocker trim).

It needs a right side fender dog leg and a left fender and a left door skin

That's is for metal so far. The interior is nice as stated before. The inner fenders are junk to

I have decided to store it away for a year or so until I get to it. I cleaned it all out , tore up some of the wet rug , cleaned and protected the seats,doorpanels, and dash pad, threw all my extra parts in it , cleaned out the trunk and put some bounce pads in it to keep the mice away . It is going to be stored in my 20 by 36 ft enclosed heavy duty carport with a stone floor and a heavy tarp under the car with a light car cover on the car with the windows cracked.

I didnt get a pic of it but the seats and door panels cleaned up amazingly great , if that's a thing. The pics of the trunk is after I cleaned it up of all rat poop and mold

Also , he didn't drive it and then park it there as stated ,

Story: lady bought it new drove it hardly at all and then it sat in her garage from 1980 to 1996 while she got sick and then passed away. The owners I got it from bought it at her estate in 1996 and parked it in there dry storage barn until 3 years ago to when they moved it to there house. Last driven in 1980

-
Back