Adding a Electric Fuel Pump with a stock tank

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
I tried searching but didnt find much info. Im wanting to add a electric fuel pump to my car. 71 Scamp with a 318 4bbl. The thing is Im not wanting to add a fuel cell, I want to keep the stock tank. Im also wanting to add braided lines with AN fittings. Is there any way to do this conversion?

I put my pump right by the gas tank. I removed the short piece of rubber line that was currently there, mounted the pump on the frame and ran a piece of line from the tank to the pump and from the pump back to the supply line.

I put my pump right by the gas tank. I removed the short piece of rubber line that was currently there, mounted the pump on the frame and ran a piece of line from the tank to the pump and from the pump back to the supply line.
I pretty much did the same with mine. I ran a new line up to the front of the car, though, instead of keeping the 5/16 stock line.

Did you use braided line? If so how did you connect it to the tank with the flared type fitting?

Did you use braided line? If so how did you connect it to the tank with the flared type fitting?

No braided here. I just used a brass fitting with the ribbed tube (there is a name for those and I can't remember it) and slid the line on and clamped it.

EDIT: Also depending on what pump you get I would put a rubber buffer in between the frame and the pump to cut down on noise. Some pumps are noisy.

like this.........

Attachments

• my new wheels 2 017.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 257
No braided here. I just used a brass fitting with the ribbed tube (there is a name for those and I can't remember it) and slid the line on and clamped it.

EDIT: Also depending on what pump you get I would put a rubber buffer in between the frame and the pump to cut down on noise. Some pumps are noisy.

Hose barb.
I mounted mine next to the subframe connector on the passenger side right under the passenger seat before the line goes through the frame and up the firewall and it worked out fine there.

One thing to keep in mind is that most pumps push fuel better than they pull it, so closer to the tank is usually best.

One thing to keep in mind is that most pumps push fuel better than they pull it, so closer to the tank is usually best.

And/or below the level of the fuel in the tank.

-
Back