Adding Shifter Recommendations

-

Taconite

Reaction score
I have a 69 Cuda that is a column shifter.. It was a 904 and now it has a 727 reverse shifting pattern. The shifting linkage for the Column to the transmission is incomplete and does not function properly. So, I am thinking of adding a floor shifter. I like the Lokar linkage shifter it seems more direct to the transmission as opposed to a cable shifter. Thoughts?

All I know bout aftermarket shifters in a-body is what I've read here.There have been numerous threads about aftermarket shifter cables melting to exhaust. Some have resorted to long cables looped all the way around a trans to prevent this.

Making the same change to my 71 Demon, swapped out the bench seat for buckets now adding a floor shifter. I prefer a gated shifter over a ratchet shifter. Was going to go with the Winters Sidewinder until I saw the way the cable has to be routed and the bell-crank arrangement, so I think I am going with a Cheetah SCS. It uses the same gate with a standard valve body as it does with the reverse pattern, has an approved reverse lock out and I prefer the cable routing over the winters.

-
Back