Adj.brake pushrod issue

-

VitaminDemon

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me out. I changed over from power brakes to manual on my 71 Demon. Went to newer master cyl. and got the bracket and adj. rod from mancini's. I had to modify the rod due to it being to long. I go to put it in and the original bolt holding the rod to pedal is too big to slide through the banjo hole on the rod. The eyelet on the adj. rod is only 1/2" where as the orig is 9/16. I was under the impression that it was to be plug and play and now at a loss.

Gee, why not just the 1/2 to 9/16 and be done.

Gee, why not just the 1/2 to 9/16 and be done.
Maybe i didn't elaborate enough. Do not have 1/2" bolt only have 9/16. Would like to use same type bolt that has o ring ride right where the banjo is supposed to ride. I could buy a cheaper bolt that isn't just for brake pedal but there has to be a reason why there is an oring on bolt.

JOB DONE! That adjustable rod is a one size fits all deal. I should of just bought a manual brake rod but was advised by sales rep at brewers that it wouldn't be long enough. Should have stuck with my own instinct. I did read in other threads some had to do the same. Cut ,cut , add thread, cut . What a pain in the ***, but chaulked up as learning experience.

-
Back