Adjustable launch button

-

gumper

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with adjustable buttons like the Biondo Terminator? Using a button instead of a brake pedal to launch worked well this weekend, but I want to fine tune my reactions on the bottom bulb a bit. Winning pro class takes .030 and better lights along with running the dial to the thousandth. May as well take advantage of the equipment I can since everyone else seems to.

I have a brand new Apex for sale, zach is using the biondo terminator and has made a incredible difference. Contact me if interested, i bought both to try and he liked the biondo, pretty much the same-steve

I switched from foot braking off the two-step to using the front and rear line-lock wired to a button on my shifter which also goes to the two-step. I have the rpm set at 2500, hold the brake, set the line locks, let off the brake and on the last yellow I let go of the button. Right now if I leave when the last yellow comes on I'm about .010 red. I want to be in the .020 green side of things.

PM sent swifter.

I wondered about that kind of setup... Are you WOT with the two step @2500? If so, I thought that wouldn't work so great because you would use all your acel pump. I figured when your get off the brake the carb would lag being at such a low rpm and no nozzle shot.

I use the just in time button it has a lot of adjustablility in with 6 different spring tensions and spacers and all just look at the video of it. from 70aarcuda.

I wondered about that kind of setup... Are you WOT with the two step @2500? If so, I thought that wouldn't work so great because you would use all your acel pump. I figured when your get off the brake the carb would lag being at such a low rpm and no nozzle shot.

I'm wide open on the two step and it jumps right off the line, no stumble. Any lower than 2000 and it falls on it's face. I was launching at 3000 off the brake, but the line locks don't seem to want to hold the car back at that rpm, so I tried 2500 and had my best 60' times I've had at this track.

I've been using the front and rear line lock / 2 step launch setup for 5 years now. Love it. Car 60 foots better, more consistent, and cut better lights. I call it the poor mans transbrake.

I've been using the front and rear line lock / 2 step launch setup for 5 years now. Love it. Car 60 foots better, more consistent, and cut better lights. I call it the poor mans transbrake.

The first time I used this setup was last Friday and won the gambler race. Definitely plan on keeping it.

Yes, front and rear line locks

I bet that would help on reaction time. At all my local tracks it is either foobrake (no electronics, foot brake only) or run in the pro class ( trans brake and / or delay box).

It helps keep things consistent at least for me since I spent a few years racing super pro class (delay box) with our altered and dragster. I run the pro class using the foot brake for a few years to much success, but now I feel it's time to step things up to stay with the competition.

-
Back