Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Cutaway-R1-no2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 241
  • df17_in_valve_cover_3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 190
i spoke with them.The guy seems to know a lot about pvc systems.I think i am going to try one

What they claim to address are issues that I have had to deal with on my engines. I have had PCVs flutter at idle and have had them let too much air past sometimes and then not at others. Which caused me to chase my idle all the time. And I have had oil leaks on my big displacement engines that were directly related to crankcase pressure. I prefer not to use pan-e-vacs on my street cars so this just might be of some value. It is worth $100 to find out.

That thing better tune my carb for a 130 big ones..

I looked at that thing because when I try running a "stock" pcv, my idle goes up. Even with the the throttle plates completely closed. Basically, it's pulling too much air through the PCV making it seem like a vacuum leak.

I'd try that thing, but a member here suggested a Fram part number FV191 instead of what I'm using because that cured the same problem he had.

IMO in summer, or warmer climates a pcv-unit is much less of an issue then in cold climates, where water condensation can be quite severe in the engine crankcase.

With a lot of water inside (which turns into the white sludge), you really want some more ventilation (read: leaky pcv) in the engine.

I've added a transparant vacuum canister in the line to the pcv, and the amount of sludge forming inside was worrying.
But it did allow me to tune/select the right pcv-unit to limit the sludge build-up to 'acceptable' levels.

IMG_3853_zpstkralxwa.jpg

-
Back