Adjustable rockers on HYD

-

lucasdaytona

Reaction score
Hello to everyone!
I'm from Brazil, and I have a 318 LA DART 1975 ( = the 1969 from USA).
My block is bored 0.30 over, flat pistons, summit k6901 cam, stock valvetrain,stock la heads, dual exhaust 2 1/2, stock headers, weiand 8007 action plus, and edelbrock 1407. My engine is actually open, just swapping the heads to ported ones, with bigger valves (1.88 and 1.60). And I've bought adjustable rockers from Tony mopar, the questions:

I will have any gain with the adjustables?
There's any need of them?
maybe I should not use them?

I'm thinking a cam change (solid) in the next year, and was the rockers was an good opportunity...

sorry for the terrible english...
and thanks for all the help!

Greeting to everyone

Lucas

Hello to everyone!
I'm from Brazil, and I have a 318 LA DART 1975 ( = the 1969 from USA).
My block is bored 0.30 over, flat pistons, summit k6901 cam, stock valvetrain,stock la heads, dual exhaust 2 1/2, stock headers, weiand 8007 action plus, and edelbrock 1407. My engine is actually open, just swapping the heads to ported ones, with bigger valves (1.88 and 1.60). And I've bought adjustable rockers from Tony mopar, the questions:

I will have any gain with the adjustables?
There's any need of them?
maybe I should not use them?

I'm thinking a cam change (solid) in the next year, and was the rockers was an good opportunity...

sorry for the terrible english...
and thanks for all the help!

Greeting to everyone

Lucas

adj rocker arm are nice on a HYD lift. It allows you to set them were they should be instead of gambling that the stock push rod is the correct length. and of course, it mandatory with a mechanical cam!

Will the adj rocker give you more power?.............It Made "0" difference in my et, but a good piece of mine that the lifter is set up right!

Most of the stock rocker arms have about a 1.4 ratio where as the aftermarket rockers have a tru 1.5 ratio so you can get a little bit of extra lift.

YES! What they said is excellent and true. Also, when you decide to use a Mech. cam, you'll just need to get pushrods since the length will change.

Adjustable rockers will take a different pushrod than the stock hydraulic rockers. Cup on one end and a ball on the lifter end. A set of pushrods for hydraulic lifters will be shorter than a set for solid lifters.

Whatever is there, But you have nice one car, I like that pics and at all.

Whats the full name and prize of that...

I from Brisbane...

thanks to everyone!
I already have the correct pushrods.
maybe the rockers arrive in the next week, tomorrow I finish the heads change, then I gonna drag, when I mount the rockers I make another and tell my time.

Thanks!

-
Back