Adjustable strut rods making terrible sound 74 Swinger

-
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!! I found out the cause of that insidious noise,,, There was a bit of excess steel hanging over the edge of my K frame just general factory assembly quality rough edges and it was just enough to hit my torsion bar adjuster bolt. If you look at the pic that tiny bare metal spot was making contact with the K frame.. took a file and knocked the rough edge down and BOOM problem solved
trouble.jpg

Hey guys,
I have rebuilt my entire suspension from front to back. I installed PST adjustable strut rods. There is no rubber bushings on these things just metal bushings that sit into the K frame. They are making a terrible noise. I also had the car aligned by a very knowledgeable shop and still have this noise that's soo bad I can't drive this car like this. Any idea to what's up? am I missing something? what would be some other strut rod alternatives? If you look at the pic, those are the metal "bushings" that go into the K frame

View attachment 1715951545
Nevermind

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!! I found out the cause of that insidious noise,,, There was a bit of excess steel hanging over the edge of my K frame just general factory assembly quality rough edges and it was just enough to hit my torsion bar adjuster bolt. If you look at the pic that tiny bare metal spot was making contact with the K frame.. took a file and knocked the rough edge down and BOOM problem solvedView attachment 1715965111

Glad you found it, but I'm not sure I follow how that could be hitting the adjuster bolt? The adjuster bolt goes through that block from the bottom.

You were correct with the suspension bottoming out. I brought her up a turn and a half on the adjustment bolts and she rides real nice.. now to nail down the noise..small victories ✌️

Small victories like this can feel pretty significant.

I see folks squabble with 72Blu from time to time but I have to say that in my experience, 99%+ of the time, the guy gets it right.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!! I found out the cause of that insidious noise,,, There was a bit of excess steel hanging over the edge of my K frame just general factory assembly quality rough edges and it was just enough to hit my torsion bar adjuster bolt. If you look at the pic that tiny bare metal spot was making contact with the K frame.. took a file and knocked the rough edge down and BOOM problem solvedView attachment 1715965111

That’s awesome news!
Any idea why it didn’t show up until now? It wasn’t affected by ride height and you used all stock style parts aside from the strut rods, right?

-
Back