Adjustable Strut Rods !

-

one mile

Reaction score
Just got my new Strut Rods and a Fantastic Job was done By IRONSIDE ! My Hat is off to him ! If you need some made send him a PM and ask. He does QUALITY WORK ! I AM going to do more buisness with him as my project comes along with needing Fab work. Thanks IRONSIDE ! Tim (Dad)
:thumblef:

Can't do pics. Daughter is out of Town with Camera. PM Him (IRONSIDE) and ask for a few! I am sure he will get you some pics.
Tim :thumblef:
Maybe you can Re-post a few for him here for everybody to see.

Thanks Tim. To say your old one was a little bent is like saying Oprah likes ice cream!

Thanks
Andre

Attachments

• image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,007
Chrome-moly tube, moly rod ends, all gr8 hardware.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,035
Yes, they are moog replacements. Tim and I discussed solid vs the rubber, but I like the rubber better for a normal street cruiser. The solids will transfer alot more road noise but I think are typically overkill for most uses.

The other thing is with this style if Tim ever wanted to try solids, just unbolt and swap out, no biggie and not have to mess with the LCA like with a factory rod.

Yes, they are moog replacements. Tim and I discussed solid vs the rubber, but I like the rubber better for a normal street cruiser. The solids will transfer alot more road noise but I think are typically overkill for most uses.

The other thing is with this style if Tim ever wanted to try solids, just unbolt and swap out, no biggie and not have to mess with the LCA like with a factory rod.

sounds very well thought out.

As pictured $125 shipped. If you wanted solid would be pretty close, I'm not very fast would be a week or so. Just got down to the Mopar Nats-time to see some Mopars.

Pardon my ignorance, but could you explain the benefits of adjustable strut rods? Are they pretty easy to set yourself, or do you need alignment tools? (I'm aware that's probably a very dumb question.)

I'm in the market for new front suspension pieces, so I'm very interested in knowing more about these before I buy any more parts. That seems like a reasonable price compared to [company name redacted].

Thanks!

The best way to see a benefit is:
Remove both torsion bars and leave one side with factory rod and the other with the adjustable rod. You can with two hands lift the corner and put it through its swing. The adjustable rod takes much less effort and will also have less deflection.
You can also put a bit more caster into it too if you like. Any alignment shop should be able to do it or the novice with a few tools and patience.

Do you make these for the b and e body as well?

with adjustable strut rods, wouldn't you be defeating the purpose having rubber bushings?(...just tightening and compressing the bushings?)

I can promise you that you will be very pleased with them. I am going to put hers on this week. Tim (Dad) :thumblef:

Do you offer any other parts for Early As, IronSide? I'm looking to buy some front end suspension parts in the near future, and I'd love to give my business to a fellow forum member.

-
Back