Advice on 67 Barracuda Convertible

-
Wow, was hoping it was a nice barn find...but its just a mongrel. too bad. guess I could offer 5k but the value is not there. :( I guess I could look at it as there were only 4228 made and it runs and cleans up nice its still a great car.. I don't know.. so confused.

It really depends on what you purpose of the car is. Show car- no... Collector, not without a whole lot of work... Great driver? Probably so! As long as the car is mechanically sound and if rust issues have been fixed where nothing falls out or pops out, then it could be a fun car. Do you have any photos of the car as a whole?

Its a 67 v8 vert! I would have to see more pics to give a more thorough honest opinion. I wouldnt consider it a mongrel, 45 year old cars are hard to find that havent had something swapped/switched etc.

Just noticed the A-pillar trim. It was chromed plastic in 67 only.
If the dash metal and dash cap is too glossy it will reflect on the windshield making it difficult to see through.
It could cost you 3K to rebuild an engine that doesn't like low octane unleaded fuel. Is the car itself worthy of that expense? No
We could probably nit-pick that car all day. If you like it and can enjoy it as is for somehwere around 5K... drive it until it falls apart then part it out.
It will turn heads on the streets if nothing more.

Wow, was hoping it was a nice barn find...but its just a mongrel. too bad. guess I could offer 5k but the value is not there. :( I guess I could look at it as there were only 4228 made and it runs and cleans up nice its still a great car.. I don't know.. so confused.

I have seen many ads for $6000 to $8000 67 to 69 Barrcauda convertibles that were much nicer just being able to look at the photos on line. You always might find a different situation if you looked at the cars.

In my opinion $5,000 would be absolute top dollar and only then after there was a total under carriage inspection as well the body was checked for bondo. I would be concerned with the rust that is showing from uther under carriage that it could be an issue hidden under the paint.

Here is what I noticed, the interior has obviously been redone, and in 67 the console didnt have the wood grain, it should have been a "brushed" finish with a line/stripe up the middle of it. Feel along the center of the console on the top plates, I bet the wood grain decals were put over top of the orig console. It is not an "S" but that doesnt mean it isnt a cool car.

Actually, i just looked at the console again, and the wood grain decal is on the slider door for the ashtray and it should be chrome to be correct. I can see the line/stripe hiding underneath

Okla- my 69 console has the wood grain
Memike what is the "S" horn button??

Would love to see more of the car, in my opinion should've kept the "ZZ1" gold. ***** red just aint doing it for me, but nice car

That is right and the automatic shifter shows to be woodgrain. One funny thing it is still showing the chrome knob and the argent painted console plates with the stripe in the 1969 Dart on page 94 in factory catalog. The Barracuda shows the woodgrain.

-
Back