Advice wanted

-

tony frost

Reaction score
I just installed new Mopar Performance Valve covers black wrinkle on my mild built 318. I would like a PVC Valve on one side and a breather cap on the other side. Don't really want to do the punch out thing on the valve covers. So can I just remvoe the fill caps and replace with rubber gourmant for PVC and twist in breather or rubber gourmant for push in breather. Also I'm trying to find the wrinkle black breather cap with no luck so far Summit does not have them so where can I get it. Also I want to put the matching wrinkle black air cleaner on the engine. I have a Edelbrock 600cfm non-EGR for engine will the air cleaner fit on carb with no modifications. All info will be greatly appreciated.

Look at the Mopar Performance catalog,they have any valve cover grommets needed,also have the matching air breather you want.Good luck.

The twist in PVC caps are available. I bought mine on e-Bay. I just bought a twist in breather cap from Jeg's. Can't recall if I ever saw a black wrinkle coated one, but you could paint it or powder coat it yourself.

just did this modification the other day. just put a mopar pushin breather on the same valve cover. I punched mine out and used a die grinder to make hole large enough. Most push in breathers are 1.22 and they dont make a hole saw that size. I also installed a baffle which summit sells and bolts right in. cost for two baffles was 12.00. Pretty easy mod to do. Hope this helps.

I drilled my covers and used the push in grommits from Mopar, you
will have to use a die grinder to make the hole on the breather a little
bigger the PCV is on the back of the other cover. I painted the covers and breather so all will match, the wrinkle paint came from Performance Improvements.
Hope this helps
View attachment 016.JPG

Kenny

-
Back