Advice

-

m99roadster

Reaction score
I've been looking for an 8.75 rear end for my 68 Dart, well i located one not to far from home. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. I was told its SBP has a sure grip with 430 gears and six leaf springs. I won't keep the 430 gears and will probably change them to 390s. It needs to be cleaned and painted and the guy that has it said i should change the bearings also. He's asking $1400 for it, is that a reasonable price or should I keep looking?

Keep Looking........That's crazy money for a rear that you're going to change the R&P on and have to rebuild (bearings) also...

Being close is definitely a consideration, but I think you can do much, much better. I personally wouldn't pay half that, in my opinion.

Way too much, I paid 150.00 for mine 489 case 323 gear sure grip missing a axle
Bought a axle for 30.00, new seals bearings ect. From Mopar Performace for 125.00

Ouch.....that is a bit of $$$ for a rear end you are going to rebuild. By the time you get done with it you will probably be close to one of those Moser fabbed 83/4.....

Thanks for all the quick replies, I'll have to see if he'll negotiate a better price. Does anyone out there have one for sale near SanAntonio TX for a more reasonable price?

-
Back