Advise on converting from Column shift to floor shifter

-

Joshes

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 71 Dodge Demon with steering column gear shifter. I am planning to convert is to floor shifter. Can I have advise what do I need to do and prepare?

Can anyone tell me which type of transmission is stock auto slant 6 got? I don t have the type number thus I got difficulties to identify, as an example, if I want to purchase Hurst shifter.

Thanks!

The colum change is simple providing you have the shiftless colum. The reverse lamp switch may be a factor depending on where yours is located. Not sure what year has it moved to the trans (904 by the way). If the switch in the trans has 3 wires you're good to go. If only one wire there the reverse lamp swtich is colum mounted. You'll need to either extend those wires to the floor mounted shifters switch or install a 3 wire switch at trans and extend those 2 wires to it.

so my 68 Dart had a column shift and I'm also changin it to a floor shift. Mine had a 904 and also has the reverse light mounted on the left side of the dash. I'm goin w/the rocky mt dash. so do I need to worry about that dash light and the wires you talked about B 4? Also w/the stock floor console shifter can I use the linkage and swap to a 727?

Jason

Yup you'll need to re adjust the shifter linkage a little. Revere lamp on left side of dash ? Lost me there

-
Back