After four years, my underhood resto is finally complete.

-
* Brake booster: Rebuilt original unit, zinc plated with correct part number decal.

Hi Cruiser
Where did you get your brake booster rebuilt? And about the budget?
All help will be appreciated, my booster is out of service and it's impossible for me to get it rebuilt here in Europe.
Thank you in advance

Francois

Hi Cruiser
Where did you get your brake booster rebuilt? And about the budget?
All help will be appreciated, my booster is out of service and it's impossible for me to get it rebuilt here in Europe.
Thank you in advance

Francois
Bonjour, Francois!
$227.50 USD (including shipping) from Power Brake Booster Exchange Inc. in Portland OR
(503 238-8882) I hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, but unfortunaltely, this doesn't help. On March 5th, I asked this guy for a booster refection quote, and after a first response to my email, he doesn't answer anymore. Seems to be not interested by my money... and my problem :rolleyes:
Don't know what to do. 1971 Midland-Ross boosters are unavailable anywhere...

Thanks a lot, but unfortunaltely, this doesn't help. On March 5th, I asked this guy for a booster refection quote, and after a first response to my email, he doesn't answer anymore. Seems to be not interested by my money... and my problem :rolleyes:
Don't know what to do. 1971 Midland-Ross boosters are unavailable anywhere...
I tried to contact the Power Brake Booster Exchange and nobody answered the call. I also contacted a brake rebuilder in Minneapolis MN and they didn't have anything for a 1971 Demon. I did find some help at Master Power Brakes Inc. Their web address is [email protected] and their number here in the US is 800 472-4181. Look at their website and view part number BM13203-1971-dodge-demon-bm. This is a booster/master cylinder that would probably work on your car. You could also go to a manual brake conversion (fairly easy to do) and get rid of the vacuum booster. I has a 1974 Duster with manual brakes and it stopped just fine. Hope this helps!

Thank you for trying to help me, guys.
I'm sorry for having polluted Cruiser thread, but as he has had his booster rebuilt, I hoped that he has a solution for me.
I already have my own post talking about this problem, but it's a dead thread now
Brake booster compatibility?

@Dana67Dart : about the Classic Industries kit, I've found the same one, but cheaper at Harmon Classic brakes ($240.95):
https://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?
parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50001029z~Z5Z5Z5AABIN~P240.95~~~~S6KJ1FE8BN17613815725b~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50001029z
I think that I'll go with this kind of solution, a local refection here with a kit from USA.

I also found a generic booster/MC tandem for sale on ebay. Don't know if it's compatible with my Demon. I will ask the question in my own thread.
Francois

Thank you for trying to help me, guys.
I'm sorry for having polluted Cruiser thread, but as he has had his booster rebuilt
I wasn't trying to be mean. I just thought that you might get more input. With a propper thread.

FYI the classic link I posted may or may not be the correct one for your particular booster.

I also say on E bay NOS rebuild kits.

Good luck

If you ever get over to Nance, wave to some of my relatives. No hard proof that the name came from there but I claim them!

You did a really nice job, nice and clean.

-
Back