after market wheels

-

bballfan1

Reaction score
What do you guys think looks best on a 1972 Duster? I'm thinking of weld racing or weld pro-star.

Personally, I prefer slotted mags...15 inchers

But cragar SSs are nice too

Anything over 16 looks like pooh

IMHO late model 15" rally's with centers and rings are the thing! Next closest for me would be classic torque-thrust mags. But nothing over 15" X 7" for me!!!! Pretty subjective question though.
DR

I like 3 looks. Stock (dog dish, rally), late 60s vintage (slots, SS, keystone, etc), or semi modern road race. Like a 17" American Racing Daytona.
$_1.JPG

If you're wantin drag style I vote street lites. If you want it to handle put 17-18s on it. My current plan for my 72 Duster is 18" torque thrust 2's

Personally, I prefer slotted mags...15 inchers

But cragar SSs are nice too

Anything over 16 looks like pooh

Old School baby! Dusters and slotted mags go together like titties and beer.:glasses7:

Attachments

• 203.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 234
Slots, Centerlines, Cragars, Welds, Keystones - in roughly that order - just not rallyes or big wheel/rubberband tires

Black steelies with dawg dishes.

Cragar Super Tricks! I like the SS/T's if you like the bling or satin Centerline autodrags if you like the subtle look. Not a fan of the S/S or Keystones. 15" Rallys look too big. Slots are nice if they are clean. Up to you though. Modern Centerline styles are fugly.
314abba330e68d4.jpg

15x6 front rallyes by 15x8 rears. The look is just timeless!!:D Ma mopar designed these wheels around the look and body lines of our A bodys!:glasses7:

This is what I am going with, But I am Super old school.

Attachments

• z.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 172
don`t like big wheel rubberband set ups, most people laugh at them.
I Don't like anything past 17 inch, and even that is sometimes. I like 17s on B-Bodys, like this.

Attachments

• 20131129_072840.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 144
Fwiw, 18s will fit over your lower ball joints if you want to go really wide up front. I don't think that's the route you're going, but that's why I stepped up. I don't know if I made the right choice or not. As of late I've shifted my ideas from all-out autocross brawler to just actually running and driving big block car. It's less fun when I can't drive it :banghead:

I'd at least bump up to 15s for tire choice if nothing else. You can't really find wider than a 235 on a 14" wheel, and with a duster you can probably fit more than that (I'd guess 255s out back) before you have to move anything.

-
Back