After my vacation I'll be back into parts making mode

add rear ashtrays or not to my convertible armrest pads for 63-66 A's

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
-
Are you able to create armrest pads for a 65 Dart GT convertible? I cannot find ashtrays for mine and would love to delete the ashtrays altogether.

Are you able to create armrest pads for a 65 Dart GT convertible? I cannot find ashtrays for mine and would love to delete the ashtrays altogether.

I'm still clearing out hurricane damage on my property and garage,so it's slow moving. BUT
that is one of the things I'm working on now along with the glovebox. If you look a few posts back you can see where I'm at currently. 64-66 should be the same since I'm matching the pads to both a 64 and 66 dart and a 65 valiant rear side panel. I am also making the top plastic pieces that finish the rear panel. (I haven't worked enough courage up to try to do the complete panel minus stainless but plus "vertical" oval speakers in the front portion of the panels)

I'm still clearing out hurricane damage on my property and garage,so it's slow moving. BUT
that is one of the things I'm working on now along with the glovebox. If you look a few posts back you can see where I'm at currently. 64-66 should be the same since I'm matching the pads to both a 64 and 66 dart and a 65 valiant rear side panel. I am also making the top plastic pieces that finish the rear panel. (I haven't worked enough courage up to try to do the complete panel minus stainless but plus "vertical" oval speakers in the front portion of the panels)

Amazing work. I would be interested in everything you have done for my 64 Dart vert.

I've done some preliminary work and have some pads (for test of my skills and to see if I could actually make it work) made without the hard metal or plastic mounting piece. I'm trying to do most of the work in"garage" to keep down my outsource cost. that way I can make a lower cost armrest pad. Here is a recovered master and the fit on the convertible panel. yep they fit on both the dart and valiant convertibles 64-5-6 years. have not been able to check 63's since I don't know anyone close who has a 63 dart or valiant convertible to test my parts on.

fuzzy mock up of master part for fit
20161021_192010_001.jpg

getting ready to pour a rubber mold for the top pattern.

20161024_114046_001.jpg

and making sure the bolts will line up to the rear panel too! no ashtrays in these arm rests.
20161031_120009_001.jpg

-
Back