After Shave Lotion/Conditioner

-
Try an after shave lotion like bikini zone.

I can't imagine your face is more sensitive than a girl's ....... well you know.

ae2a3cf1-30de-45c6-a3a4-c66e241161d7_1.74f14f92dbe36dc2976dab6470e4eb3a.jpeg

Is this thread only about the face and neck? What about the Arab and Italian guys with hairy backs and necks?
It aint just those 2.....wife cleans up my own "no guard" haircuts and trims 'hackle' all the way to my shoulder tops. I'm fair skinned too with a red headed line on my moms side. And my chest hair is dark so it looks like a 70's playgirl shoot...but I'm married so I dont really give a ****. I already won her.

I got tired of overpriced cartridge razors and cans of goo years ago. I switched to a basic safety razor (1959 Gillette Fatboy) and a badger hair lather brush, and never looked back. The best thing I did for my skin was buying SHARP blades. I prefer Feather.

I got tired of overpriced cartridge razors and cans of goo years ago. I switched to a basic safety razor (1959 Gillette Fatboy) and a badger hair lather brush, and never looked back. The best thing I did for my skin was buying SHARP blades. I prefer Feather.

Yup, I use Feather blades, too.

Ifnsya dry them blades after use, the stay sharp longer.
Also, be sure to wash your face and beard before using the razor. The skin oils and mineral deposits from sweat dulls blades fast.

Also, be sure to wash your face and beard before using the razor. The skin oils and mineral deposits from sweat dulls blades fast.
That's how my Daddy taught me. I didn't realize why until now.

I always shave after showering.

I did a bunch of work for Gillette back when I was DuPont helping them figure out the best way to make multi-blade razors work most effectively. I learned a lot about the engineering of the blades and the laser sharpening process.

Most people don’t know that a multi-blade razor has a different degree of sharpness on each blade edge to make them most effective to grip and pull out the hair before slicing it off.

Many also don’t know that a multi-blade razor is also designed to be be most effective shaving “against the grain” which most of us older folks were always taught was a wrong way to shave.

We learned that the best shave came from going first with the grain and then following going against the grain. We had ultra close electron microscope photos to prove it and why it worked so well.

I still shave that way to this day.

-
Back