aftermarket 340 main caps?

-

Black333

Reaction score
Im looking for a company that makes aftermarket (stock) style main caps for a 340. I bought a block without caps and I dont want or need to go 4 bolt.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

i would find a stock set and have your block align bored/honed. either way your going to have to align bore it....

i would find a stock set and have your block align bored/honed. either way your going to have to align bore it....

True but the aftermarket ones will be stronger or you but the billit ones

I was told by my machinist it would be easier to bore a aftermarket set because they are machined smaller so you can bore them to match the block as I have a factory set of 318 caps on it now and a couple are off to the side requiring welding and machining the sides ?????

Find a nice JunkYard 318 and steal them...same thing....318 wont miss em'

EDIT: looks like you already doing my recommendation.

But then again....if you think a set of magical "340" Main Caps are worth all your stress....by all means

I dont need (magical) 340 caps. Im lookin for someone who makes aftermarket caps so I can have the block align bored.

the 318 caps fit pretty good they are just a hair off. will just an align hone take care of it??? jsut by feeler gauge eyeball .001 - .002 off :scratch:

Any factory 318/340 caps will work or I use Pro Gram for billet caps. The block will need to be align bored and honed regardless of stock or aftermarket. You might also want to think about if you need main studs too as the time is now.

any factory 318/340 caps will work or i use pro gram for billet caps. The block will need to be align bored and honed regardless of stock or aftermarket. You might also want to think about if you need main studs too as the time is now.
x2

Find a nice JunkYard 318 and steal them...same thing....318 wont miss em'

EDIT: looks like you already doing my recommendation.

But then again....if you think a set of magical "340" Main Caps are worth all your stress....by all means

Factory 318's use a different main cap than a 340. Although they will work the 340 caps are taller and meatier. I just went through this on my 340.

I may have a factory set from a 340 that got scraped due to water jacket problems. I will pm you in the morning if I still have them.

I found all but the main, pay the ride and their yours.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 621
Milodon also makes main caps for the small block.

A member on here has some mopar performance 4 bolt 340 main caps for sale in the mechanical parts for sale section. Just thought I'd let you know in case you have not seen them posted.

-
Back