Aftermarket Big Block Oil Pans

-

DusTed74

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used one of the 7 quart big block oil pans that are available from 440 Source or Mancini's? Do they fit on the block? Are there any clearance issues with the K-member or steering?

Thanks in advance.............Ted

I've used Moroso's 7 qt. oil pan (No. 20760). No clearance issues, but I wiped out the bottom TWICE due to potholes or crest / dips in the roads.

I used the Milodon and it was supposed to fit but I still had to clearance it a little for the steering linkage, and that was on an original big block car. I`ll have to check out that 440Source pan.

Havent used the pans mentioned but in our 67 gt(pump gas 440 has run 10.90s so far with a shot converter and a tranny that flares in the high gear shift both fixxed as of yesterday just have to put it all back n the car) and running pig rich This pan has worked for us with 0 probs:
1203090953.jpg

Good luck,
Jr.

I've got a 440source pan on my 440. Cheap and it fits well. It's made of some pretty thick steel. I've had it on the car for 200 miles and already scraped it 2or 3 times. Maybe it's just my driving.

Theres a ton of the similar imported ones on E-Gag too. While I was looking I found a new Milidon 7qt with the Hemi pick up. It was too good a deal to pass up.

I have a Milodon 30930 pan on my 68 Dart and it clears everything.

codfish

Don't buy a Mopar performance deep pan!!! It fits well my old man's cuda but It has cracked through the ribs in the bottom. He replaced it and the new one cracked in the same place again. No bottom outs or scrapes!! Avoid like the plague!!!!:stop:

Is there an indentation to clear the ldler arm. It looks like there is but cant tell for sure. And I emailed 440source awhile back asking the same thing. They told me they didnt have a pan for an A body application. ????

Milodon 30930 on my '72 Duster works great.

-
Back