Aftermarket body panels

-

Hamerhead

Reaction score
Who likes what. Different brands and prices out there. What did you use and were you happy with product and price?

Who likes what. Different brands and prices out there. What did you use and were you happy with product and price?

I bought a lower ,back part of the pass. side front fender, (between the door and wheel) it was the right gauge, and " looked good till we went to put it on," to preplace the bondo the previous owner had hidden in it.
My body man (friend) was excellent and did a bunch of reforming to make it fit right, I even had to weld, build up the back edge so he could get the gap right. He did an excellent job, and hardly had to do any skimming w. putty.
I think I only paid $67 for it.

Nothing aftermarket fits perfectly. It always takes work to get the gaps and reveal correct. Note that AMD's quality control is better than others, but you get to pay for it. "Restorers choice."

Goodmark, Sherman & Assoc. are worst quality repair patch panels but offer sometimes more applications for decent price, if you have ability to modify to fit etc.
Eastwood, AMD best fitment if cost isn't a factor.

I bought a BUNCH of AMD panels to rebuild my Charger. People need to remember that many of these cars have lived some tough lives and the body does move and flex over the years. That being said,... We replaced basically everything but the roof skin, front cowl, and rear panel behind rear window and the guys doing my work had very little tweaking to do to get everything to go together.

I don't have a ton of experience, but it does seem that the AMD parts are about the best out there if they offer what you need.

Another vote for AMD. I've used floor pans, trunk pans, and quarter panels from them in the past, all fit very well. As noted above, very seldom will you find a perfect fit, given the hard lives these cars have lived... but the AMD floor pans for my 67 Valiant fit PERFECTLY right out of the box. Worth every penny.

Another vote for AMD...Lots of panels for my 68 GTS. All fit quite well. Not worth the savings to deal with the inferior metal....

Nothing aftermarket fits perfectly. It always takes work to get the gaps and reveal correct. Note that AMD's quality control is better than others, but you get to pay for it. "Restorers choice."

i've heard the same about NOS panels..

-
Back