Aftermarket Dashes?

-

hotrodder

Reaction score
What I'm refering to here, would be not the whole dash assembly but the cluster itself. Mine is gone, and I'm thinking of going aftermarket. I was looking into an aluminum plate with hole cut out to mount gauges in, but can't remember what the company name was.... Figures.... I looked into Rocky Mountain Dashes, but they have officialy closed the buisness down, they just have a few more orders to complete, and that's the end of them.... I tired doing searches on this site and others, and tried search engines, but I guess I'm not using the right words because I keep coming up with motorcycle stuff and other things, don't ask me how..... Anyway, I was wondering if any of you all might know of a company who is still in buisness that does these sort of jobs?

I'm sorry to hear about Rocky Mountain Dashes. I just saw one of their jobs on a 71 Duster at the track this weekend and it was a simply awesome piece. It was an original dash cap with an aluminum plate cut to custom gauge sizes.

What a shame.

PSCA1-1.jpg

I just got mine back together. Will put it into the car (69 Dart) next week or so. The dash was already in bad shape so cutting it up didn't bother me. Naturally if you want to keep it original this won't work. I had a sheet metal shop make the guage panel from my drawings and a mockup. Extended it to the left about 1-1/2 inches so there would be room for the guages. The TS, Hi beam, and brake indicators are LEDs behind 1/8" holes in the panel. Used some scrap plastic pieces to mount the LEDs. Pay no attention to the speedo. The correct one is back ordered....

Larry

IM000298.jpg

IM000304.jpg

IM000305.jpg

IM000306.jpg

IM000301.jpg

Making it a little longer so to get the gauges in a straight line is a slick trick.
I'm impressed !

Looks good with them lined up straight. I wanted to do that with my Redline gauge panel, but they wouldn't fit lined up like that.

On the left I followed the original cut and took off about 1-1/2 inches. My original dash had been cut up so bad it wasn't of any use for anything. This one is actually a 74 Dart dash that I picked up for cheap. But, the car as a whole is not going to be close to original so I didn't mind cutting the dash. Of course there is always that moment of indecision when the die grinder is whirring and the thought enters your mind that once you make the cut, there is no going back. Part of the fun....

Larry

-
Back