aftermarket instrument cluster

-

iw378

Reaction score
Working on my 67 valiant. I'd like to install more accurate gauges in the dash. Do any of you know a place that makes a panel that I can just cut holes where I want for the aftermarket gauges and bolt into the dash frame. Quick google search and I came up with nothing

There were a couple companies that made them in the past but they went extinct in the near past. You can try and find one second hand as they pop up from time to time. Auto meter, year one, and Dakota make some replacement clusters for the later year A body's like dusters IIRC. Your best bet would be to mod one of those to work in your dash frame or if you search on here on some people make their own cluster.

Make your own. I just cut out the center leaving a small lip to glue the c/f to.
Blank c/f panel came off ebay. easy breezy!

6-22-13 015_1.JPG

That looks good. Whats up with the switches where the heater controls used to be ?

Fuel pump, manual switch for 2nd elec. fan, accusump switch, temporary back up light switch.
Original heater delete car

I had one made down in San Marcos ca, they might be able to, they can make any dash design you want. They just need to know which gauges you plan on using. Www.crbalumifab.com, number 760-471-1704 talk to Curt

20150404_193012.jpg

Nope peaks went out of business, mine was made off a picture of a peaks dash, just from a company here in cali

Sad to hear that.

But sounds like having repops made is an option.

I ended up getting the autometer one. Test fit was great and the above pic is with the SW deluxe gauges

Were you able to get the factory headlight and wiper switches mounted and working? Seems some people have issues with the wiper switch on these aftermarket dashes.

Were you able to get the factory headlight and wiper switches mounted and working? Seems some people have issues with the wiper switch on these aftermarket dashes.

Maybe because the wiper switch has to be grounded to work.

I had issues with the headlight switch. It wasn't long enough to go through the old and new dash panel.

new to site. I have a question regarding the autometer cluster with gauges. Will it fit a 1974 dodge swinger? I just picked this car up and it has a 318 swamped in it already. If anyone has the autometer dash installed in a swinger can you please give me the part number and what had to be done to make it work. Thank you

Its a good peice. Ill try to get some more pics up this weekend. Headlight switch was fine. The hole for the wiper switch was oversize. No big deal, just had to epoxy an abs washer to the back of the cluster, drill the hole and then used a dremil to make the slot for the switch stem.

Is it a lot of work to convert the new gauges to work with the stock dash wiring harness? I've got a new harness coming my way, and I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the stock cluster and just mount a tach and water temp gauge somewhere, or buy one of these kits.

Much appreciated.

-
Back