Aftermarket Iron Big Block For Use With Predator Heads

-

PROSTOCKTOM

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Currently what are the available options in an aftermarket iron big block for use with Predator heads?

Thanks,
Tom

Which Preadator heads, some fit hemi blocks and most fit wedge blocks? I think the only manufacture of cast iron blocks is bulldog. Home

Which Preadator heads, some fit hemi blocks and most fit wedge blocks? I think the only manufacture of cast iron blocks is bulldog. Home
Apparently Bulldog suck, and many have lost their money with them..

I am thinking possibly going with a Hemi bolt pattern because the head bolt arrangement on the heads better than the wedge version.

Tom

Apparently Bulldog suck, and many have lost their money with them..
Well, i am glade i didn't know that when I sent richard my money, because 29 days later I had my block. Now, was it perfect, nope, .003 tight on the mains, deck height .005 to tall and some other minor stuff.

Joe

IMG_20220528_123727673.jpg

I am thinking possibly going with a Hemi bolt pattern because the head bolt arrangement on the heads better than the wedge version.

Tom
That's what I would do if I was starting from scratch, the wedge version has a plug that opens into the intake port so you can tighten down the head, the hemi doesn't.

Joe

Well, i am glade i didn't know that when I sent richard my money, because 29 days later I had my block. Now, was it perfect, nope, .003 tight on the mains, deck height .005 to tall and some other minor stuff.

Joe

View attachment 1715934414
Your a lucky guy. Lets just hope it doesn't water up the oil when you run it.

Joe

Better to be "too tall" and "too tight", that just means they left you room fer fittin'! Too short or loose and you'da been hosed. Cutting metal is easy; putting it back not so much!:rolleyes:

Looks like a Callies/Energy Hemi block is the way to go. Summit has the best price so far, but no delivery available until mid September.

Tom

Joe

Ray Barton gave mine a clean bill of health and it's a Low-deck to boot! But he did tune-up some surfaces.

PREDbdBillet.jpg

-
Back