Aftermarket Shifters and the center console. What works? What doesn't?

-

wjaholic

My car stole my wallet!
Reaction score
Mods, not sure where this should go so please move to you're until you see fit.

I am about ready to start working putting my engine and trans in so... since I switched to a floor shift I will need a new shifter. I like the B&M shifters but want to put a console in it. I have seen some pics before of people who said that an aftermarkt shifter fits with a stock console, just cant find it. What aftermarket shifters work? Which ones don't? Who makes good ones? What makes poor quality ones?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

why not put a factory shifter in? i have heard lots of people complain about the after market shifters being a pain to get to shift right since they are cable operated, where as the factory uses linkages.

just my thoughts

Tell you what, send me a PM to remind me and when I get back tomorrow I'll send you some pics (they're on my home computer) of a B+M quick silver rachet shifter installed inside the factory console on my 71 Demon. It can be done, you just have to play around with shimming the shifter so it fits just right in the console. I found the thread with some pics.http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=17915

Terry

I have a 1/4 stick in my 70 E body. Just takes some careful fitting to do it without cutting. I dont like factory shifters with rev pattern manual valve bodies. Plus, my car was twisting so bad it was shifting itself into 2nd when I floored it.

-
Back