Aftermarket Tach and were to get lighting from

-

plyduster73

Reaction score
I put a small cheap tach on the duster but Im having trouble locating a good place to tie into the lighting so the gauge will be lit at night.

It is mounted hanging down from the bottom of the dash beside the hand brake handle.

This is not a permanent tach as I will eventually put a new dash in it but I want a tach will Im driving the bugs out of everything.

So, would y'all just tie into the lighting of another working gauge or try to get the wire to the light switch ( which is behind the fuse box, I already tried that for several hours).

Thoughts?

Wire it into your fuse box, at the dash light fuse, that way, the light goes on and off with your lights.

barracudadave67

Wire it into your fuse box, at the dash light fuse, that way, the light goes on and off with your lights.

barracudadave67

I did try to attempt that, ended up breaking several fuses and every fuse I stuck it in made the light stay on constantly.

None of the fuses are labeled, any idea which one is for the lights.

Guess I could take each one out at a time and see if the lights will work or not?

I had a fuse box like that once, where it was a mess. I just ran a wire through the firewall down to the wires feeding the headlights, and spliced into those.

-
Back