aftermarket tilt column for 70 dart

-

somersetmike

Reaction score
does anyone know if a standard 32" tilt column will fit into a 1970 dart swinger with manual steering? im looking at a chrome column in Summit racing. I realize I will need to modify the electrical, that is not an issue. I just want to make sure the length is not an issue.

I've wondered the same thing. I know that Idit is supposedly working on an A Body unit, but what's the difference between their regular Street Rod columns and the $900 Mooar spect columns. A good paintable floor shift model goes for $300, the the B Body column goes for $900? Why, except the after market figures that if we're building a Mopar we have more money to spend than the GM crowd? Sorry, thus always burns me and why I hit out if the Mopar high performance cars for 20 years. Same in the 90's. Sorry for the rant, but a hot button.

Ok, I'll bite, what's a pro type column? I would think that if you have the stock column brackets, you could use just about any of the after market columns if it was the correct diameter. Most all offer different column lengths anyway. With me, I'll be going with the HDK coli over and need to modify the column end too.

-
Back