Aftermarket Wiper Switch

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just finished wiring up my '71 Duster and I want to use an aftermarket wiper switch. What are you guys using with a factory 2 speed motor. I've read that some are not compatible.

If you get this figured out please hit me up. I just broke the switch on my '66 and there are no options for replacement other than used.

I'm not sure what you would use, but if anyone has a broken / defective switch they want to mail to me, I'll tear it down and figure out what sort of connections you need.

I wouldn't bet a lot of money those will work, and the description is poor. "operates most" what does that mean? Most GM? Most Fords? If it operates "most" what does it NOT operate.

I considered the Ron Francis WS-31 but is states that it does not work with wipers with hi and lo wires from the motor.

I have used 2 speed wiper switches for a 71 Duster. I would just buy a correct used one and most times they work fine unless there are signs of heating or corrosion externally on the terminals, most you should have to do is take it apart and clean the contacts which is always a good practice with any used switch. PM me is you need one
Don

Why would you want to reinvent the wheel? I'd go with the stock switch, everything will hook up properly and it'll work just fine if your wiring is up to snuff. Your car is not that rare so a switch is easy to find.

I have a Ron Francis wiring harness and it comes wth a headlite switch. Their switch may not work with the factory motor. I just want them to be matching.

-
Back