Ah, finally a 2011 Challenger with 15 inch wheels and real HP engine

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
First brand new car I seen a long, long time that I really, really like.....of course it has to be not street legal, LOL...plus my poor butt can't afford it.

No low profile tires--very cool. You know I think it looks BETTER with more rubber showing.

Only has a 2 speed trans--all you need to break in to the 9's...that is quick enough for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011...ce_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_&hash=item3cbe4ed800

Ya it's a real kick in the arse not being able to afford any new vehicle.

Cool car though.

Wow, 96k for a mid 9 second car........uhhhhh.......no thanks.....

Its not the money so much but how you could have a wickly fast car that looks brand new--cause it is.

You be a real hit at the strip this summer. I'm watching it to see if anybody buys it. It is over priced but isn't that how all new cars are today?

Heck you need $30,000 to get almost any brand new car with a v6 engine. Forget that.

Factory Super Stock car released a couple of years ago...or maybe even more recently. Only race teams were allowed to purchase these (forgot the criteria). You could choose either a late model hemi or a V10. I think we know which one this guy went with. Pretty cool if you can get your hands on one. I forgot what they originally sold for, but they weren't cheap.

the V10 is new to the program {2011 I believe } and if you ask anybody who has one this one is dirt cheap , the program cars are around 40k depending on which engine package you buy , they come with a fake tranny , a small rear end so they can be rolled around and generally cost another 100-150k to be truly race ready ,these are the barest cars mopar has ever made available , and I'm pretty sure they are still available so if you want to lay out 40k and prove me wrong on what it costs by all means go for it

PS you're paying to race in the class , much like what it costs to run a Hemi SS Dart or Barracuda

Factory Super Stock car released a couple of years ago...or maybe even more recently. Only race teams were allowed to purchase these (forgot the criteria). You could choose either a late model hemi or a V10. I think we know which one this guy went with. Pretty cool if you can get your hands on one. I forgot what they originally sold for, but they weren't cheap.

what he said ^
BigEasyMopas5-7-1198.jpg

BigEasyMopas5-7-1197.jpg

BigEasyMopas5-7-1111.jpg

BigEasyMopas5-7-1112.jpg

BigEasyMopas5-7-11101.jpg

Made in Canada eh?? Serialized..no vin...wonder how many they're makin??

I noticed, another cool part--the made in Canada.

Looks like the Ebay car had its air bag ripped out and not even a cover--or different steering wheel was installed?

I know one thing, if I'm driving that car all out, no way is any airbag going to be on the wheel. There is too much vibration and G forces, the darn thing could blow off by error and crash the car if it blows your hands off the steering wheel @ 140 ....like why Nascar and other racing circuits use helmets and roll bars instead.

Be neat just to check the car out and see how stuff was done. Too bad there isn't more pictures like of the under body, brakes, trans

I bet it is a GM trans, lol....so, still made by the UAW..or CAW, that's the main thing:D

30 years from now, they will bring factory 68 hemi dart prices.
Just like the originals, priced where the working man can not afford it.

Last week at the NHRA nationals in Vegas, i talked to Les Norton's dad, they own two DP Challengers..

one runs A/SA with hemi...

the second one is a 2011 DP Challenger with the V10 512 and it runs either AA/SA class in stock or SS/DA in Super Stock...

yes...it is a powerglide...and the rear is a Ford 9".....the DP Challengers are built by Roush Racing...can not remember where he said the engine is build..

but it come as a turn key race car....

-
Back