ah sumting wong

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
do the motor mounts go on the back of the mounting bosses or on the front???

I put them on the back and the trans does not line up by about an inch and a half and it seems too far forward.

I don't do much with small blocks so im not sure but it seems kinda too far from the firewall.

is this a mount problem or something else ??/

application: ....this is a 340 in a 70 duster.

Attachments

• CIMG4740.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 351
  • CIMG4741.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 362
  • CIMG4742.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 336
Picture looks like the right side (Pass) to me. Fuel pump nipple and mounting pad on K-frame rearward offset. I looked, both side to the rear as shown.

Yep, the biscuit hole is in the wrong place for an A on pass side. As mentioned, the orientation for your biscuit stud should be on front side of bracket.

The trans mount is too far forward, right?

Looks like a drivers side mounting bracket on pass side as mentioned. There should be no gap between ears and bracket, especially on pass side.

ok, so what I gather from this thread is the one marked 1 is the driver side and the one marked 2 is the passenger side

Attachments

• CIMG4743.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 198
  • CIMG4744.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 193
  • CIMG4746.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 197
  • CIMG4747.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 203
Morning check list.

Comb
makup
eye liner
Motor mounts

Good to go for the day. :D

yup I definitely had them on backwards. :eek:ops::eye:

Geez girl, LOL, I though you'd know all this stuff

I did this back in 73? when I swapped the 340 into the old 70 RR. NO INTERNET!!!! LOL. Dealers are no help!!!!! I of course bought 318 engine brackets, "the closest thing" that fit a 340 into a B body. I finally wised up and put the engine in on the trans mount, and then tried one, then the other. Yup had 'em reversed. AND I didn't realize until it came down to "no other choice" that you had to "space" one (2?) bolts for the 340, on the driver side.

Drove it for months, by the way, with "junkyard" supplied B body manifolds and SINGLE !!! exhaust.

-
Back