ahhhh. fixed the tail pipes..

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
i would have tucked them in even more but i didn't want the fumes staying under the car and possible getting in the car.. they look light years better then how the assholes at TTI sent them. not only did they looks stupid as hell they were plastered up against the rear valance...

Before:
DSC_0011.JPG

After:
DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

little sound clip.. didn't realize the camera had the zoom lens on it. wan wondering why the whole car didn't fit in the picture..lol

What muffler is that? The tail pipes look nice.

Right now I have mine cut after the muffler, but I think I'm going to change that soon.

Sounds great Joe!
I really like that car more every time I look at it.

Too bad Tim Morris is gone, he would really be diggin' it.

I want to get some turn-downs for my Duster to hopefully reduce fumes being pulled in through the trunk; I replaced the seals but I still get a bit of fumes driving at higher speeds with one window down (pulls vacuum on the cabin). My current tips are just straight out the back and end right at the bumper.

Did you notice much change in sound, or any less fumes if there happened to be any before? Looks great btw!

Did you notice much change in sound, or any less fumes if there happened to be any before? Looks great btw!

it was a 6 cyl before so this is the only thing sound wise i know with the v-8 in it.. haven't smelled anything inside yet. have probably about 300 miles on it now..

What muffler is that?

i was told they don't drone.. but i think pete has headers which can make a difference.. these drone. lucky i can pass through that rpm range pretty fast. and its not there at all at highway speeds. i'm thinking if i go from the 2:94 gear in it to the 3:23 that i originally planned on that i'd probably never be in the drone area.. but i'm really liking the 2:94 gears..lol

muffler 2.jpg

mufflers 1.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Looks very nice......I'm gonna be getting mufflers and pipes soon....gonna use your car for reference!

Jeff

Sounds awesome Joe! Not nit pickin here but (imo) I would cut the angle on the pipes to match the valance angle. As I said no offense and just my opinion
It does look better and sounds great!

Sounds awesome Joe! Not nit pickin here but (imo) I would cut the angle on the pipes to match the valance angle. As I said no offense and just my opinion
It does look better and sounds great!

damn cuts on each of the tips are different too. i may do something with them down the road but for now i'm kinda out of time(we are driving it to OCMD tuesday). after that i'll have time to clean up a few things that bother me. the tail pipes may be one of those things..lol

I didn't like them sticking out that far either and I'm not a huge fan of the baloney cut ends, so I hacked them off.

-
Back