Air bubbles in the gas line

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Not sure whats going on but I have a clear fuel filter on my 65 barracuda and I was showing my friend something and noticed air bubbles percolating through the filter. Is this normal or where do I need to look for this?

look for pin hole or cracked in fuel line behind pump...

look at your rubber hose at the tank..and behind the pump..

Is it possible the pickup and/or gas cap is not sealing properly? Is there a way to test this maybe pressurize the system some way?

Every clear fuel filter that I have ever seen has had air bubbles in it and I doubt that they cause any issues. But get rid of that clear filter, they crack and break easily and cause fires in addition to serving no real diagnostic purpose.

Take the hose off at the tank and the line at the pump coming from the tank. block one end and put hand vacuum pump with a guage on the other. if it loses vacuum you got a leak. also take off the manual pump and depress the arm while holding it depressed block off the intake port and leave off the arm, if it releases slow the pump is on its way out or has a bad check valve which is common on a cheap auto-zone pumps. If the tank is over a quarter full it should be drawing fuel only. Air getting into the system although does happen on some cars without any effects, does not mean it is operating correctly. Do these checks and i'm sure you'll find its sucking air somewhere, if there is bubbles. I find more bad fuel lines then pumps. Just a heads up.

-
Back