Air cleaner base PCV fitting?

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a 14 inch K&N chrome open element air cleaner and I need to attach a fitting to the bottom of it for PCV inlet that goes from the valve cover to the air cleaner base.
It has the punch outs already there in the base, but I don't know where to come up with the nipple that connects to it.

Any insights on where to get it?
It goes where I circled on this base.

I know I can come up with something to do it if I need to, but if I can just order one would be nice.

Thanks

Attachments

• knn-85-3549_w.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 237
how 'bout one of those conduit fittings

031857490133lg.jpg

i could not find right fitting photo you want 1/2 pipe like goes to box one end

other end looks like one end of fitting above. this fits that spiral metal flex conduit

here. this plastic. they make metal but wont work. has to be angle

41IVym3dHjL._AA160_.jpg

Normally, the A/C comes with that little elbow. Maybe Pro Form, Mr Gasket, or even K&N sell them individually? All these conduit/plumbing things could work, but that air cleaner design need a nipple that turns 90° immediately for clearance. Not exactly a real common item.

You could always put a nice filtered breather in that valve cover and forget about the hose. K&N has good ones. Even some OEMs did it that way. As long as the PCV can suck clean air into the crankcase, it'll work.

Thanks guys.
I just did our entire house in PEX so I had all the stuff to build one on hand.
One catch to the deal was that I wanted it to 90 out toward the valve cover, but be off the front and not in the way of any linkages so I did it this way.
Also wanted the PEX to seal to the metal when I crimped the copper ring on, and it did.
It is nice and solid, air tight seal, but still turns if needed.

I drilled and tied it just in case the PEX softened enough to let go and the copper crush ring not end up down inside the carb.
I don't think it would go all the way through, but even a stuck open throttle would suck if it happened at the wrong time. :)

A slightly larger hose and it'll be just what I wanted.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 274
  • 2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 209
-
Back