Air cleaner lid compatibility?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
A buddy shut his hood on his 73 340 factory air cleaner lid and bent the heck out of it. The car isn't super correct anyway... what are the chances a typical small block round air cleaner lid from the 80-90's would fit it? He can then paint it and sticker it.

Any mopar small block unsilenced air cleaner housing will work. You can find em cheap but probably just easier to put a eddy air filter/housing assembly on it presuming it will fit and clear your linkages. Is there a spacer between the carb and intake?

Only way to keep it oem looking is to go with the factory style air cleaner. Would it be possible to get a picture of the air cleaner and possibly of the carb

A buddy shut his hood on his 73 340 factory air cleaner lid and bent the heck out of it. The car isn't super correct anyway... what are the chances a typical small block round air cleaner lid from the 80-90's would fit it? He can then paint it and sticker it.
What intake, carb, carb gasket, air cleaner, car model and hood?

This should be informative, I have the same problem on my 72 Demon 340. I had to go to the Mopar Performance air cleaner with the Mancini Drop base on it. Now it just clears.

He shut the hood on it by accident. It was dark when he did it. He unhooked the battery cable after he parked it in the garage and it was dark. **** happens. I guess we can take the base and see if an 80's or 90's lid will fit it.

What intake, carb, carb gasket, air cleaner, car model and hood?
It's all 100% stock. He took the air filter out to go get another one, unhooked the battery cable to store it and the lid was just laying on the intake on about a 45 degree angle. He shut the hood and bent it down. Not sure why he didn't just put it on over the stud... but it was late, dark, and cold. It's not a clearance issue, he was just careless how he just laid the lid on the engine then shut the hood on it.

I poorly worded it. Guess I was more asking what would fit rather than explain how it happened.

I think you will find that this lid is the same.Cordoba's and the like with a 4 bbl should work.

IMG_1688.jpg

Any big block on small block 4bbl aircleaner lid will work from 1970 up into the eighties. Some of the c bodies and trucks 2bbl aircleaner lids are the same too. very common lid should be easy to find

Don't pay that e-gag price, pay shipping on one I have. I have extra kids laying around.

PM me your address

-
Back