air cleaner

-

vallianted

Reaction score
putting a small block in our 65 Valliant with a stock 360 intake and a holley 600 carb.would like to know which air cleaner will fit.

If you have a stock 65 Slant 6 air cleaner you can buy a 4bbl aftermarket cheap air cleaner,use the filter(2'') and use the lid
from the Slant.You can use 6-10'' chrome aftermarket air cleaner for the base. I usually do 9''.
I have done this many,many times.On the Hemi I needed a bit more hood clearance and notched the lid for the fuel line.
All cars ran AFB's. You may ahve to do experimenting with a Holley.I doubt there will be a difference.My 2 cents..

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

I'm not familiar with 65 valiants . Do they have to use a small diameter air cleaner?

If you have a stock 65 Slant 6 air cleaner you can buy a 4bbl aftermarket cheap air cleaner,use the filter(2'') and use the lid
from the Slant.You can use 6-10'' chrome aftermarket air cleaner for the base. I usually do 9''.
I have done this many,many times.On the Hemi I needed a bit more hood clearance and notched the lid for the fuel line.
All cars ran AFB's. You may ahve to do experimenting with a Holley.I doubt there will be a difference.My 2 cents..

View attachment 1716053604

View attachment 1716053605

View attachment 1716053606
Ya I still have the 6 in the car with the super six air cleaner on it.I really like the look.

I'm not familiar with 65 valiants . Do they have to use a small diameter air cleaner?
Yes earlier slants had smaller diameter and did not have the CAP nipple that went to the valve cover breather.
I have seen both, this photo was from my stock 1964 Dart

IMG_1687.jpg

I can image that little air cleaner choking 30+ hp out of that Hemi.

Didn't matter.Not a racer. Just street driven. I removed the cross ram and toned it down to make it a nice cruiser.

-
Back