Air conditioning unit

-

concrete52

Reaction score
thinking of putting in an air conditioning unit for my 225 slant 6 with power steering - there was a factory option somewheres i believe but if not what are the plans to adapt such a comfort in the ride - thanks

There several aftermarket manufacturers that make a unit that will work well in it. The factory unit was an underdash model with integrated controls as well as a very heavy compressor. The aftermarket unit will have a light weight smooth running compressor.

i am looking for a complete unit - mounting brackets - pullies - and of course the proper compresser and the entire assembly

You didn't say what car you are working on.
On most of our cars you can look at the firewall and tell if it had factory a/c. Non a/c cars had two holes for the heater hoses. A/c cars had two additional holes to accommodate the a/c lines.
You might contact member CharlieS - he has /6 brackets and a wealth of knowledge for installing a/c into /6 cars.
C

My car was the prototype for Charrlie_S's setup. It's very well designed and will work with multiple intake/exhaust/steering setups. I couldn't recommend it enough.

You didn't say what car you are working on.
On most of our cars you can look at the firewall and tell if it had factory a/c. Non a/c cars had two holes for the heater hoses. A/c cars had two additional holes to accommodate the a/c lines.
You might contact member CharlieS - he has /6 brackets and a wealth of knowledge for installing a/c into /6 cars.
C

Could you help me get in touch with him? I would like to add air conditioning to my car and would love to talk to him, but do not know how I can get in touch with him. Thanks.

Kyler, to find members, click on the search link and when it comes up, there will be a search box on the right for members. Enter the screen name, Charrlie_S, in the box and scroll down and hit the search button.

All threads will come up with that name. I just scroll down until I find one started by the member I'm looking for.

Then click on their screen name and you'll see the choice to send a PM. Click on that and you're good to go.

That's how I do it, there may be other ways!

Kyler, to find members, click on the search link and when it comes up, there will be a search box on the right for members. Enter the screen name, Charrlie_S, in the box and scroll down and hit the search button.

All threads will come up with that name. I just scroll down until I find one started by the member I'm looking for.

Then click on their screen name and you'll see the choice to send a PM. Click on that and you're good to go.

That's how I do it, there may be other ways!

Thank! I found him quick! Ironically, the most recent post he made was a response to one of my threads... ha

I doubt you could use a factory climate box since the firewalls were different (at least in early A's) and some of the dash controls.

Cheapest approach would be to find a Sanden compressor mount from a slant Volare/Aspen (I did). In the cabin, use a "knee-knocker" AC box either vintage ($50) or new ($110), see ebay.

-
Back