Air/Fuel meter recommendations??

-

grimreaper

Cross Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a bit more current and stepping into the fringe of technology...what do you folks recommend for a reasonably priced air/fuel meter? Low price, easy to use, dependable......

wide or narrow band? and do you want a kit or a do-it-yourself type of thing?

Wide band. Initially thought of a kit but if there is a cost effective way for an old school kind of guy to "do it myself" (or with a little FABO help) I'd be interested.......

Bought a complete Innovate LM-1 style setup with a basic digi readout for just under 140. I don't remember that it came with a bung, as I previously had a narrow band

Bought metric nuts at the local fastener store for bungs, a buck eighty each

Narrow band is worthless.

Every one of my cars has an air/fuel gauge. Their indispensible. Back in the day, the Innovate LM-1 was the sweet way to go. But Innovate dropped it and replaced it with the LM-2, which is awful. The AEM is fantastic. I'll be buying one myself for my newest project.

As others have said, don't waste your time with a narrow band unless you're using a secondary O2 sensor for EFI.

-marcus

I got the MTX-L, and at $200, it's nice. Guage and all, and it's standalone, so it's really easy to transfer from vehicle to vehicle.

Narrowband isn't worthless. It's great for monitoring once you get a ride tuned in. It's just no good for tuning. Get it dialed in with wideband, make sure it stays there with narrow band.

-
Back