Air/Fuel

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
How are you guys monitoring your air/fuel mixtures? Blower or turbo doesn't matter. If I have to do it, I want to do it as cheaply as possible.

Jack

You wanna tune?
MTX-L Wideband sensor and guage.

You wanna monitor?
Any cheapie narrowband sensor.

I've been running an AEM wideband for a year and it's worked like a champ. Here is a great deal on one for $166, that's almost $100 less than I paid for mine last year.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CFQM4G/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/191-2010128-1807410"]AEM 30-4100 UEGO Controller Gauge:Amazon:Automotive[/ame]

Edit: For some reason the link isn't working, but just search Amazon for an AEM UEGO wideband.

I use an innovate LM1 .... don't think that they are made anymore, but great unit as is the LC1, or so I hear, which is still in production.

Wow, some of these are expensive.

Maybe my question should be, what do I need?

Demon 340, 6-71 blower, 2 750 Holley's on top. Biggest thing I want to know is if I am getting into a lean condition. Don't want to destroy the engine due to lack of fuel.

Jack

You need wide band O2, end of story, or "get lucky" and find an exhaust gas analyzer, perhaps at an auction or old garage, but many of those are not exactly portable.

I bought an Innovate for just under 140 bucks. So far as I know, that's cheap for a wide band setup

I talked to the head developer for intellitronix the other day they are working on a dual short/wide band universal set up and plan on the $100 range. He told me to wait a few months and it should be done. Also suppose to be as good or better than anything out right now and unconditional no questions asked life time guarantee.

Wow, some of these are expensive.

Maybe my question should be, what do I need?

Demon 340, 6-71 blower, 2 750 Holley's on top. Biggest thing I want to know is if I am getting into a lean condition. Don't want to destroy the engine due to lack of fuel.

Jack

You could always throw it on a dyno and make some pulls. Most places charge a reasonable amount for 3 pulls with wideband, just no tuning.

I am going to be ordering an auto meter wide band very soon. my question is about mounting the sensor. I have TTI headers into 3" TTI x-pipe exhaust. can i mount the sensor in the collector? or do i have to mount it in the header? I would like to be able to just drop the exhaust and then take it to a shop to tig weld it in. pulling the header is a ***** and it will kill my coating.

Holler at leathermandan who is a member here! He removed the brand new Uego from my ol' Cuda for a different gauge setup. It only has minutes on it, not even an hour I bet!

like jos51700 said MTX-L. ran on the dyno with this and was accurate to what the dyno was reading.. have x pipes and put the sensor about 12" behind the x.

-
Back