Air Gap and Fel-Pro Gasket

-

juergen

Reaction score
there are two paper and two metal gaskets in my fel-pro gasket kit. Engine is an 340 sb. Do i have to mount one metal and one paper gasket between head and intake? Which gasket is on the intake side and which one is on the head?

I got Fel-Pro gaskets for my air-gap and I remember just using the metal one

Which engine? Small block will have metal 273/318 size, and composite (blue) 340/360 sized ports. Big block performance set will come with papers. Some use them, some don't. I don't.

I bought the edlebrock gaskets(they recomend them) and use sealer on the ends make sure you remove the little roll pins or the manifold won't seal right.

yes i removed the pins and i´ll mount the intake with the paper gaskets. Next problem are the open holes in the heads. I think they are for heat crossover with the cast manifold. Can i run the car with these holes open?

you can leave them open, or block them off with small pcs of this steel. I'd leave them open.

yes i removed the pins and i´ll mount the intake with the paper gaskets. Next problem are the open holes in the heads. I think they are for heat crossover with the cast manifold. Can i run the car with these holes open?

Fel Pro makes an intake gasket that blocks the heat crossover ports. But, I can't recall the part number.

**Edit** The part number is 1213.

hi, many thanks for the number. Hope everything works well with the open holes but i´ll get these gaskets and mount them later.

-
Back