Air Gap and Holley question ..

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
What's the best linkage setup with this combo - I'm noticing that the stock throttle bracket sits too low on the manifold to align with the carb ? Do I have to use an aftermarket bracket assembly or can I adapt somehow ? This would include stock kickdown setup as well ? Maybe it's just me - picks would help.

I went with the mancini tall throttle bracket.

Tom
tjtheommopars009dp6.jpg

vaca003ng2.jpg

got a welder, cut off wheel and a short piece of 1/8" flat stock?

That's how I do mine.

crackedback - think I'll go this route, should be fairly easy, not sure about stock kickdown linkage though - hope it'll be useable still ?

That throttle return spring setup works great with the Air Gap. I hated the angle of the return spring with the stock bracket that mounted on the intake manifold bolts. I just put one on my 340 and it even clears the drop down base of my Air cleaner, and the feel is MUCH better!

Only one I know of that is around is on a friends car.

You can usually bend up the throttle position rods to get them to work pivoting from the stock location.

I'll see if I can get a pic of one.

I also cut my original,added a piece with holes drilled for desired height.Here,s a pic. it ain,t pretty but works.LOL!!

scoops 002.jpg

Thanks Crackedback - every little bit helps. I'm going to modify the cable bracket only today (add the height), so basically I'm going to proceed with the notion that the stock kickdown linkage can be "tweaked" to work. Let me know if you manage to get a pic. Ive got wo styles of kickdown arms I can work with - no digital camera right now or I'd post for tips, maybe tomorrow.

100_0804.jpg

this is a lokar. I don't have kickdown linkage since I have a 4-speed but it bolts easily onto the same bracket.

-
Back