Air Gap RPM with TQ?

-

Captainkirk

Old School Mopar Warrior
Reaction score
Has anyone tried running a TQ on an Air Gap RPM using an adapter and manual choke, and more important; does it work?
I realize there are things that can be done, but should not be.

Why would it not be a good idea? A good intake with a good carburetor. How can you miss?

You miss with the additional spacer height and the manual choke cable set up which is a pain to plan out, devise the installation of the new contraption and then learn how it works which is more of how the cable sets the choke. I've done it and I did t like it but it is possible.

The aftermarket 1000 TQ has a inter grated manual choke set up. Unlike the choke well versions. That 1000 unit is easier to deal with choke wise.

If you have room and can hook up a cable to work the TQ choke, have at it and have fun!

You may not even need the choke.Not saying that this is your case,,I installed a T-Q in place of a Q-jet on my 88 Dodge Ram. The Q-jet had the electric choke so no choke well for the T-Q.I figured what the heck try it first with out the choke.I pump it once. It starts right up in the coldest(20*) weather.Yes it takes a few minutes to warm up before driving and has no heat riser valve or hot air stove hooked up.Just a thought.

a thermoquad on square flange intake like ld340 wirh adapter has run good since around 1971

-
Back