Air pressure for M/T drag radials

-

3406pk

Reaction score
I got my new M/T 275/50R15 radial drag slicks mounted on Duster and am heading for the strip. What is a good air pressure to start time trials? It has 408 small block and 727 trans w 3500 stall.

Go to there web site they have recommended pressures. I believe you run them higher than a slick tire. Jayson

Thanks for suggestions and recom for M/t web site. I checked site and for ET street radial the recom was for 14-18 psi. So I'll start at 18. Thanks

I ran 15 psi lastnight and still spun with the 408.I also have the 275/50/15,s on my 66 Dart.It,s a very fine line at how long to heat them up.That,s my opinion though.I,m going slicks now.

I run 16lbs in my m/t's...hooks up just great..they hook up so good i sold my slicks.. your suspension has a LOT to do with how any tire hooks..

Well I'm back. I started this thread and ran at the track then had to leave for 2 weeks. I started at 18psi and spun for 30 ft but only did short burnout. Lowered thru day to 16 as ambient heated up. I did longer burnouts and that seemed to help. It still spun for about 30 ft but at least the 60 ft times were consistent. ET's were fairly consistent about 8.5 for 1/8th. Will continue to adjust when I go back to track. Thanks again for advice.

-
Back