alaska mopar

-

COUNTRYBIGGEN

Reaction score
Hey yall im new here and im looking for any other fabo guys up here in alaska im in the fairbanks north pole area so thats where im at

Ahh, Makin that big horse power in the BIG north. My pumped up stuff always makes more power in cold weather. They like that cold air. Use to work up there on the slope after a stint with the Alaska Railroad. If i were single again, that's where i'd be. Spent something like 13 yrs up there. Great place. When i first arrived in Fairbanks, to find a job i started work at the Malumute Saloon in Ester as a bar tender. That was back in 74. Is it still there? I also worked on stage with the owner/operator, Don Pearson entertaining the tourists. Fun times. Dont get me started on the fishing. Ran from Homer to the North Slope. Glad to have ya.
Small Block

Hey smallblock,,,bought the house and 40 acres in Ava. Coming down in July for a few days to visit daughter in TN, and show the girlfriend the house. Be back down for about a week or so in October.
Have to get this house all pretty to rent out up here, prolly be bout 2 years till im a fulltime resident there in Ava. Have to hook up sometime. DAN

I think you have my phone # so use it when you get down here. Congratulations on getting to move out of the cold. Bring the Mopar with ya.
Small Block

Hey everybody im so excited to hear about the history here and the knowledge of my surrounding area just from you guys and just let you know the wife and i are looking to buy a house up here and it is a beautiful place guys and teh fishing now well i here its great but we havent caught anything at all alot of cotton wood thats about it really lol. But local mopar guys i would to be able to sit down at big daddys bbq and learn me up about mopar.

Country biggen

Whats up gentlemen, I just stumbled upon this thread but glad I did! I am in Anchorage and am glad to find some other local guys to trade info with.

Mopars start way NORTH ... Just got to make sure that keep running when cold.... Choke/heat riser operation ...

Welcome aboard. I used to be stationed there 20 years ago. There is a junk yard in North Pole that has quite a few MOPARs in it. My best friend and I used to go in there all the time when we were stationed at Eielson. In fact it has a wrecked dark red V8 A/T 66 Barracuda in there that I used to own. I bought it as a parts car and stipped most of the good stuff off of it. Unfortunately I didn't know to get the gas pedal and cable back then. We realized I should have taken it later when we shoved a 318 in my 65 after we were stationed in SC.

Back then all the drag racing was done on the weekends at small aircraft airports around the state. They would shut down the runway and let the cars run. Unfortunately the quick cars couldn't keep traction as the runways were in good enough shape for aircraft, but not drag cars. Once a year they would also shut down the runway at Ft Wainwright and let them run.

Welcome to FABO!Glad to see other members you can have get-to-gethers for some beer an bench racing.Post some pics when you get a chance.:cheers:

-
Back