.................Ali.................

-
Draft dodger. Funny how he changed his religion to Islam and how he used that as his excuse to dodge the draft and how Islamists are so violent.

I respect his boxing ability, but he did not do anything for the nation other than entertain some people.

Exactly good boxer..other then that he was a damn Muslim draft dodger no hero

Doesn't/didn't make it right...a total embarrassment to "real" Americans!!!
If it wasn't for the time in American history that he pulled his objective dispute, chances are he would have done a lot more then 3 years. Like others said talented boxer, not a hero. The true heroes are in the cemeteries.

He was great in the ring. I'll leave it at that. As far as the greatest, I'll vote Marciano. Retired undefeated.

Jumping through major hoops to dodge the draft is a major life changing choice. I would venture to say that if he hadn't already won gold in the Olympics, he would have served time in jail. Regardless, I wouldn't idolize such an un-American as he.

Apparently Mr. Ali had no idea how badly my freedom needed to be defended in the rice paddies of Southeast Asia. (eye roll).

Oh! Did someone say "Draft Dodger"?

54b334ee52e2dd31ab47f37aa2656534.jpg

Apparently Mr. Ali had no idea how badly my freedom needed to be defended in the rice paddies of Southeast Asia. (eye roll).

Oh! Did someone say "Draft Dodger"?

54b334ee52e2dd31ab47f37aa2656534.jpg

Ted Nuggent..ya' baby ANOTHER TRUMP supporter..TRUMP 2016!!!

Not paying attention to stats. Marciano was only knocked down twice. Once by Walcott and once by Archie Moore. Both of which he got back up and knocked out. He had his nose broken 13 times. He didn't have quit in him. Not saying he couldn't be beat. He was determined. He wouldn't be beat.

Draft dodger. Funny how he changed his religion to Islam and how he used that as his excuse to dodge the draft and how Islamists are so violent.

I respect his boxing ability, but he did not do anything for the nation other than entertain some people.
No rip for him he turned on Jesus. I kinda don't blame him for not wanting to go to war after people treated blacks!

I'll have to check Marciano's card. Unbeaten, but I'll bet that he didn't fight the likes of Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Ken Norton, Gerry Cooney, Ernie Shavers, Sonny Liston..
I don't know who he fought, but I just listed some bad *** fighters.

Jersey Joe, Joe Louis, Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore to name a few. These were some bad *** fighters too. If I remember correctly, he retired after going without a fight because no one would fight him.

Last edited:
I'll have to check Marciano's card. Unbeaten, but I'll bet that he didn't fight the likes of Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Ken Norton, Gerry Cooney, Ernie Shavers, Sonny Liston..
I don't know who he fought, but I just listed some bad *** fighters.

And Ali lost to Leon Spinks and Trevor Berbick. Hugh names in the boxing world.

I saw that Ali Spinks fight. Ali looked like **** from the opening bell.

I only brought it up in response to your post. Like most here I'm really not disputing his fighting skills.
Really this isn't the forum to discus the real reason he objected to serve. That's fairly obvious to most people.

I applaud him. He had the balls to tell them why and he stood by his convictions. He could have proven himself to be unfit for service with some charade like that other guy.
Truth be told, I wouldn't want my sons fighting for this military. At least not until they get back to their original intent. Defending America. We were not defending America in Vietnam. 56k of our sons, fathers, husbands, wives, mothers, sisters died in Vietnam. For what??? We threw in the towel. We said to hell with it and left. We just left. That to me is a bigger shame than any actions by Ali. Or "Uncle Poopy Pants" for that matter.

Like said earlier he brought more attn to boxing, more media thus more $$. He stood by what he believed in and paid his dues for those choices with no apologies.
He was a great boxer.
RIP Ali

First off, may he RIP. He was the greatest. Period.

Secondly, he was no draft dodger. It is perfectly legal in this country to be a contentious objector, based on religious beliefs and refuse to serve. Even The Supreme Court recognized its mistake and commuted his prison sentence. It's not like all of this is not available online.

It's a real shame some of you cannot recognize what a great example of a PEACEFUL MUSLIM that he was, especially in this day and time when that is so rare. Educate yourselves. Read about him. He chose mainstream Islam, not radical Islam. huge difference there.

He struggled and fought for everything he ever EARNED. I am really sorry some of you cannot see that. You should be ashamed.

It's a real shame some of you cannot recognize what a great example of a PEACEFUL MUSLIM that he was, especially in this day and time when that is so rare. Educate yourselves. Read about him. He chose mainstream Islam, not radical Islam. huge difference there.

Goodluck convincing the narrow-minded folks on this site of that.

-
Back