All 64,65 valiant and cuda owners look here

-

64cudaV8

Reaction score
I am trying to work with an LED company to make taillights for our cars. How many would be interested in this? Mine aren't no where as bright as I would like. Dim in the sunlight etc.. I would need some interest from you guys to get the ball rolling. I have spare housings and lens to send to them to be made. All I need is the word from you guys. If it looks promising here, I will send them the link to the thread and maybe they would provide some input. :supz:

Looking for at least 10 or 15 people willing to purchase a set once completed, They are offering free ship coupon's as well if purchased by the first 10 or 15 people named in this thread.No modification of the housings or len's would be done.

I have a 64 Valiant that has the square backup light on bottom instead of bullseye. I would be interested.

IMHO, you're going to have a tough time getting interest without giving people an idea on price.

Way ahead of ya. Lol. Already posed that question. Awaiting a response. I'm sure if we get enough intrest they would make them for the 66 and the like. Square tail lights if you will.

I may be interested, depending on price of coarse. On my 64 I had this problem turned out my lens' were hazy, changed them now they are pretty bright. In my 65 I would like a set, that is a modified car. I would also think about putting in LED's in my blinkers.

I will post a price range as soon as they let me know. I imagine they will be around the 180$ range.

Just got word from the company. They say around 200 maybe a little less. So if your intrested please let me know asap if your willing to pay this price after they complete the prototype of the first set. If I get no intrest I will just custom make my own. I know people want things built for our cars and this is the way to get it done. Thanks.

Is there really no interest? All these views and only a couple of people interested. Funny how people complain about no aftermarket support for these cars yet no one wants to help get that kind of support going. I'll give it a few more days then if no interest I'll just make a 1 of for my car. Need more help to get this going..

I am trying to work with an LED company to make taillights for our cars. How many would be interested in this?

None if anybody's smart. Because with these (very specifically those, no others, see why here), a rattle can of "chrome" spray paint right off the hardware store shelf, and a pair of the correct-length sockets if someone put in the wrong ones in the past, you get instant-on, high-brightness, effective, safe, and legal LED brake/tail/turn lamps with real engineering behind the LEDs (unlike the Harry Hotrodder/Ricky Racer/Sammy Spaghetti/Davey Digitail/Marvin the Most Favored Nation Yes Can Make For You No Problem Hundred Percent Quality You Sign Here Now Guess What My Name's Not Really Marvin types of outfits), all for a whole heck of a lot less money, and you can have 'em right now.

Oh yeah, one other piece of the puzzle, you have to swap in this turn signal flasher to operate the LEDs correctly without futzing around with lame "load resistors".

If your lenses are cooked, there are real nice, very inexpensive repros out of Mexico for '64, '65, and '66 Valiant/Barracuda.

And if you want your back-up lights to be LED, too, it's these.

But if you're bound and determined to start from scratch making LED tails, don't fall for the "Sure, no problem, we already make great ones for Camaros and '69 Barracudas, so this'll be easy!" babble from the aforementioned suspects. It can be done, but there's a whole lot more thought, knowledge, and engineering that has to go into it than just making an LED board the right size and shape that lights up red. See here.

I have brand new lens and housings. I am an electronic tech and could make these for my car. But can't mass produce them, hence why I am trying to go this route to get interest in this for others. "None if anybody's smart" WTH is this? Wow really?!?! Maybe I'll just say screw it..

I am an electronic tech and could make these for my car

Maybe. Did you read the thread I linked? There's a lot more than electronics knowledge needed to make an effective, safe car light than there is to making a light that's not for a car.

Another good thread to read: this one.

"None if anybody's smart" WTH is this?

Sorry, dude, it's just cold reality. When the goal can be achieved right now by absolutely anyone for about $40, and the result of doing it that way is really good, there aren't going to be a whole lot of smart people lining up to pay $200 (or $100, or $70) and then wait who knows how long for a result that's probably not going to be as effective as doing it the inexpensive, right-now way.

Mod please close this thread. I am done. I'll just make my own.. SlantSix. I can make these in my sleep. However thanks for shitting on the thread..

Far down on my priority list, but I would be interested in led lights all around.....need to get her back together first!

Mod please close this thread. I am done. I'll just make my own.. SlantSix. I can make these in my sleep. However thanks for shitting on the thread..

Oh, horseapples. You asked to see if anyone was interested, then you complained when you got only a couple of lukewarm responses. All I did was point out why. Reality ain't my fault. As for whether you can make an effective, safe car light: maybe and maybe not. Anyone's welcome to click the previous-thread links I provided and judge for themselves what it means that you made not a single comment on the photometric and other safety performance issues involved. And by the way, up in post № 8 of this thread, you said you'd be having them made by "the company", whoever that is, but it doesn't sound like it's you.

no it wasn't me because I wanted to have them available for all owners. I cant mass produce them.. I work for NASA and have endless engieers on tap

-
Back