'All-American' Car Show Rant - What's Your Opinion?

-
Wast of my time.... sit around all day and listen to idiots ..run down peoples rides...

Thats why i gave up on them years ago,if theres not a drag racing event to attend i might go to a local show,but as been stated i only want to see AMERICAN muscle if i do go...

I have been going to car shows for 30 years and I never care what shows up. I'm just there to look at cars, chicks and hang out with other car people.

Same here. I went to local one here just last night and it was pretty cool. No one bashed anyone's rides, it is a very local thing that happens every wednesday at a Hamburger Stand and everyone was pretty cool to talk to. Only one Mopar though... Nice guy too. All kinds of cool stuff from t-buckets to 4wds to a Jaguar (my buddies, lol. We drove there in it.) to Sunbeam Tiger to a very, very nicely done 64 GTO body on a 2008 GTO. I'll post pics later. Granted, if there was a ton of rice I would have left sooner but I was there for maybe 3 hours just shootin' the sht with other car guys and checking out the pretty women. I would've liked seeing a bunch of older (80 or earlier) restored Kawaski's.

BTW, if all there is in Canada is drunken troublemakers I'm moving..... TO CANADA, ROTFLMAO!

I have been going to car shows for 30 years and I never care what shows up. I'm just there to look at cars, chicks and hang out with other car people.

I agree. I prefer good old American cars, but I can appreciate others work.
Both crowds have their share of good guys,,and know it alls..lol

All American is All American, not ricers, and just because they are built here don't make them All American

Would my '03 Ram qualify? It was built in Mexico. My '70 Dart was built in Canada:toothy10:

Man, you guys are cold................Brrrrrrrrrrrr.................:toothy9:

(I don't like the ricers either.........)

BUT, they're prolly' thinkin' (maybe...perhaps....peradventure....) that they can all come cause they're ALL Americans.........? (not the cars..the car guys)..

I know, I know..................................:dontknow: :banghead:

Don't know what the big deal is... they won't judge your American car vs. their "ricer". Also you mention not wanting to be judged with "bowties" and "fords" maybe you should just attend your own car show.

don't have the time to sit from 9am to 3:30pm for a fee, when i could be driving my car. i do like the local cruse spots.

Amen! My car is for driving, not for looking.

But I agree that if a show is called all-American, it should be all American iron. They should change the name.

Would my '03 Ram qualify? It was built in Mexico. My '70 Dart was built in Canada:toothy10:

Thats funny, I tried to run the bracket race at "The Battle Of The Imports" in my 94 Dakota. They said no American cars. I showed them the sticker in the door jamb that said it was made in Mexico. They let me run that one event, which I won thoroughly pissing of the ricers, and the next event they had made an amendment to their bylaws stating no cars made by American companies. Go figure. If you say American only people say your racist, if you say imports only then you are a civil rights hero.....Oh wait thats another subject. :bootysha:

FOr the most part I prefer american muscle. But a few years ago my friend put a twin turbo LSI in a Miata with a full tube chassis. I wouldnt mind seeing that at any type of car show! I like anything that involves any type of custom fabrication or backyard engineering

Having helped in 2 different car clubs put shows on and the INDY MOPAR CLUB ready to put on their 1st show of the season next weekend (PLUG)

Both of these clubs raised money for different charities. The last 2 years Indy Mopar Club has been a GOLD contributor to JDRF (over $5,000)

Indy Mopar Club always was a MOPAR ONLY show, but since we are raising money for Charity and most of the shows had more club members cars than anything else, we decided to make it an OPEN SHOW last year.

Most of us like ALL CARS, no I don't care much for the ricers, but who is going to carry on the car hobby if we do not embrace the younger crowd and show them what real cars are?

WE NEED THE YOUNGER CROWD for the car hobby to continue. Most of them cannot afford a play car and a daily driver.

The older memebers here were able to buy their 1st car ($400 67 Barracuda) for a reasonable amount, they were just old cars. It was the only car I had.

What I don't like and was noted on the registrations was NO LOUD MUSIC, which is what comes with the ricers.

Bring the bikes, cool old cars no matter what brand and have fun, raise some money for a good cause and enjoy the other car enthuisist at the show.

They do a local Motorcycle ride at our Union Hall. They only allow American motorcycles, AKA harley's, So I have never been with my 1986 Honda Goldwing that was made in Marysville, Ohio. The Goldwing was made for the American market and have been told there is more AMERICAN CONTENT in a new Goldwing than in a new harley. I'm not bashing Harleys, but the way they marketed them for years made the price out of what I thought was reasonable for something to ride 3 - 5 months a year. I would like to have a dyna wide glide with lace wheels, forward controls and all the chrome, just cannot justify it since I don't ride much any more.

-
Back