-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Wilkie

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Someone stole a bunch of stuff from our house including spare keys to all the cars. I am replacing locks on almost all of them but I am having trouble finding correct locks with correct keys for the 65 Barracuda. I am hoping someone has some in good shape. I am hoping the ignition and doors are keyed the same. I know how to rekey some household locks, but I do not know how to rekey automobile lock cylinders.

I may still have an extra set. So, you need both door cylinders and a matching ignition cylinder? Do you need the ignition switch too, or just the lock cylinder?

I may still have an extra set. So, you need both door cylinders and a matching ignition cylinder? Do you need the ignition switch too, or just the lock cylinder?
For this car, I need to either re-key all existing locks (ign/doors/trunk) or get new locks with keys. Yes I prefer the old style keys with matching pentastar ign/doors key and round trunk key. I found a couple guys on eBay with full sets of locks. I already bought NOS key blanks for all my classics, but I do not know how or if I can re-key them myself.

For this car, I need to either re-key all existing locks (ign/doors/trunk) or get new locks with keys. Yes I prefer the old style keys with matching pentastar ign/doors key and round trunk key. I found a couple guys on eBay with full sets of locks. I already bought NOS key blanks for all my classics, but I do not know how or if I can re-key them myself.
I can rekey the door locks as long as they're not worn out. No good rekeying the trunk lock. New bezels are not available as far as I know I can key the ignition to match the doors. I didn't realize anyone has some new door locks for that year. That's the last year they made that kind.

If yours worked ok before, just take them all out and take them to a locksmith. They can rekey them differently than what they were. You'd have to take them out anyway to swap them, so same labor involved. If you need new original key blanks to replace the ones you will use, @gunbunny may be able to fix you up. Good luck to you.

I have new lock sets for 62-65 coming from Belgium. Hoping they get here by the Indy Swap Show.
Re-keying your existing locks is easy enough to do.
You say you have new blanks, have a locksmith cut them and then re-key to the new keys.
I have trunk lock cylinders that will work, but they are TSB kits and will take some "modding". The up side is the trunk key is easier to find, the down side is the purist will know the difference.

I bought this set from a guy up in Canada. I am not a purist and this will never be a concourse show car, but what do you think? Do they look right? close enough? completely wrong?

1965 Barracuda Keys Locks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back