All signed in at Dragway 42 Ace Race.

-
If you can’t drive, you get to eat. 400 race cars plus their families. Quick moving assembly type of line serving up good food quick.

34713C12-332E-446D-B606-E91C7A8320FF.jpeg

10.37 and we are down to 9 racers (7th round). The hillside is packed with racers having a beer or a pop enjoying the evening. I actually threw long pants and a hoodie on from
Being in the sun all day. It stinks with the one bye run as purse splitting usually starts this round or at least next round. I even mixed myself up a vodka and Mountain Dew. First alcohol this year I think.

E63E984C-8D96-40AF-A60F-9E4E1BE43595.jpeg

45D019EE-BA6D-43C5-BE65-B08AC412AB1F.jpeg

Good luck….
That event is streaming live everyday so maybe some of us will get to see you win…

After having a car with steering issues for a year I finally have a great car again. Now if the driver could only learn to trust it and not try to play top end games. She was on a 6.097 pass and I screwed the putch. So pissed At myself I refused to buy back in and try again. I never buy back on Sunday so I better get my head on straight or I’ll be heading home early. Big drop in temperature tomorrow with temps dropping so dialing in will be fun. Free pizza at 7:00 tonight so I bought 10 wing dings for 8.00 to tide me over. Lol.

74B2B3DF-CA1D-4608-84D4-DBF52CA51226.jpeg

0F23D1C0-7A1E-4848-91F5-F9B94391384A.jpeg

What I learn from you John is winning isn't everything, food is lol . Good luck with the rest of the weekend I'll even send up a request for your success, I can't wait to have cool stuff to post like actually drag racing

After having a car with steering issues for a year I finally have a great car again. Now if the driver could only learn to trust it and not try to play top end games. She was on a 6.097 pass and I screwed the putch. So pissed At myself I refused to buy back in and try again. I never buy back on Sunday so I better get my head on straight or I’ll be heading home early. Big drop in temperature tomorrow with temps dropping so dialing in will be fun. Free pizza at 7:00 tonight so I bought 10 wing dings for 8.00 to tide me over. Lol.

View attachment 1716097727

View attachment 1716097728
What a RT!! I think I'll enter and run my footbrake car against you guys. Yeah, right!!
Wishing you success tomorrow. You have one fast car!!

That’s too bad. I broke out in the 3rd round but currently leading the points for the season after 2 events

How is the throttle at the starting line? They are electronic or something aren’t they. I guess it must work pretty good.

I don't know if any of you guys or gals have had closer races then this, but this is the closes race I have ever had in all my years of racing. I swear I won this race by less than an inch and this is my street/strip 4spd stick 66 Dart against a 64 Plymouth automatic strictly strip car. Margin of victory is 0.00093. Good Luck John and hope you get that deciding inch of track for the rest of today.

IMG_5482.jpg

Well this will go down as my worst driving weekend that I can remember. And I still had a blast. It’s a tough game especially at these big money races. Guys double enter, double buyback if needed, many travel and race all year. The car for a change was great all weekend running 6.07-6.09 with factoring in the topend games. The car is driving great again with the steering issues addressed. We have a Friday, Saturday race at keystone this coming weekend so it’s time for me to race smarter, and drive better. Big weather change this morning and I figured the car would go a 6.07 but I dialed a 6.08 as you have to get there. Bad light for me sealed the deal so it’s time to start loading up for the drive home.

D831D5CA-4551-41AA-8724-AC003F3C543F.jpeg

Your bad light is a very good one for this foot-brakin' fool!!

Not playing with this gang. I’m not goinh to say that they don’t happen but some of these guys are so good at the finish line they hit the nitrous to close the gap and make you do something stupid at the finish line. My son lost third round. His lights were in the .018-.023 range so he was tired too. There was a bad bad wreck after I left. Not many details but they took him to the hospital with some broken body parts but he should be ok. A little boy fell off a golf cart there last weekend when a youngster almost his his dad and he juked the steering wheel and his son face planted on the asphalt. Very bad shape but he’s coming along. We had a 50/50 ticket that sold very well. I bought some and put his name on them.

Well it’s down to Dave Connely and a guy the was in three finals out of four over the weekend. Local Keystone racer Kevin Boring won 10,000.00 Saturday night and went out in the semi finals tonight. Nice weekend.

-
Back