ally pumps

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
hello all, sloooowly sorting out all my problems...moving swiftly along to the cooling on my 440ci,i have ally rad,spal sucker elec fan,have just inserted tube into lower hose now am moving on to waterpump,not had a thermostat in there for like... ever:sad3: in process of reinstating heater matrix as blanked that off when did 440 swap . will a stat help with cooling< know they put them in for a reason> what ally pumps/housings are worth a look[-o<yeh they all save lbs over my weighty cast item but im of the thinking of change it once:p my pump has 6 blades is it all about swapping to 8 blades? some on ebay for sale, any with a better circulation? appreciate any feedback, cheers nathan.ps at top left of pump housing i have two 1/2 bsp holes,1 is blanked off,1 im using for my capillary water temp sensor. im guessing these are the two "take offs" for the matrix pipework hoses,i will lose my temp guage if this case however to the front there is a smaller blank plug could i <if find adapter>use this as a take off point for my heater matrix and allow me to keep temp guage sensor? the threaded part of temp guage adapter will go straight in but the actual temp guage sensor far too long as this not a deep hole/point on pump casing.

A t/stat acts as a restrictor for the cooling system to slow the flow thru the radiator allowing it to cool the liquid more. With out that restriction your engine will run hotter.

cheers for reply, so water stays in rad longer allowing to cool.........im my ignorance im going of the the quicker you gettit in the quicker you gettit out faster faster principle...car always runs hot and the weather here in uk really poo and not warrent it running hot lol

-
Back