Almost got the stance I was shooting for...

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I knew that moving the leaf springs inboard was gonna give me some drop but dang! Gonna have to drop the nose another inch. Seriously thinking of getting the dropped spindles now.
View attachment duster1.jpg
I'm trying to figure out how my headlight and bucket disappeared while sitting in the back of the damn yard!
View attachment duster2.jpg

View attachment duster6.jpg

Got plenty of tire room now. Got a pair of steelies at the shop getting widened on the backside a few inches so I can go to 295's. Those are 275's on it now.
View attachment duster3.jpg
Gonna have to roll the fuel tank flange a bit. Its VERY close to the leaf spring. You can see my subframe connectors and FRAM filter from the rear.
View attachment duster4.jpg
measure twice, cut (and weld!) once. I'm probably gonna have to make me another hole in the box about 1.5 to 2 inches lower to raise the rear an inch or so...
View attachment duster5.jpg

Looks good. Got enough room to maybe slide the tank towards the drivers side so you don't have to roll the flange. Just a thought.

You should have plenty of torsion bar adjustment up front to lower it. No need for dropped spindles. Lookin' good though.

Looks good,MT!Thoght you were posting about time on the shooting range,by the thread name.

Looks good. Got enough room to maybe slide the tank towards the drivers side so you don't have to roll the flange. Just a thought.
the indentation in the fuel tank that fits around the spare tire tub is sooo tight that that's as far as I can move it to the left... I tried already. In hindsight I would have gotten the 18(?) gallon tank instead of the larger of the two options.

I got to dig thru my receipt box but I bought the tank from a source that was recommended to me here on FABO. The rears are just plain old stock steel wheels off of the 5th Ave that I pilfered the engine, trans, and rearend out of. I think it was an 86. I installed rear disc off of a Cherokee which was a bolt on affair. I have a thread in the brake section on the install. I bought the leaf springs from a FABO member, can't remember whom. I do remember they were off of a V8 car. I replaced the rubber with poly in them. Actually the entire car is all poly bushings.

I don't understand why it dropped the car. Do you have multiple holes in the front spring hangers and have the springs in the upper most holes? If not, the car should not have dropped in the rear. Also, the rear hangers are off by a good bit. They are facing the rear way too much. They should only be just off vertical facing the rear at the bottom spring eye.

it looks like the frame rails are sitting on the rear spring eyes
its close but at full compression they don't touch.

@StrokerScamp, I intentionally relocated the front hole up from the stock position as I intentionally wanted to lower the car, its just about 1 lower than I calculated. Good thing I'm working with metal (easily manipulated). And on the rear hangers I put them in the spot indicated that came with the kit. I threw enough stuff in the trunk to try to get it to bottom out and it wouldn't do it. If I told you what I put in the trunk you'd be surprised that the floor didn't fall out!

-
Back