Aloha from Maui

-

sbaz

Reaction score
Hi there,
My name is Sandy Baz (Mr.) I live on Maui in the State of Hawaii. I "found" this 1964 Plymouth Valiant Signet 200 in an old fuel storage tank and paid the owner $250 for it. It's my first project car. I got the frozen non-original /6 225 running with some Coke and a lube job. It also has a push button auto trans 727(?). I plan on rodding it. I'll be looking for advice on stuffing a 5.7l hemi in it, front disc brake conversion and other things.
Thanks for providing such a useful forum.

64vlnt.jpg

tow 002sm.jpg

Welcome aboard. That's a nice looking car for a first project. It's almost certain you have the 904 tranny in there, not the 727. Don't feed it too much of that Coke or it'll start to burp. :)

Welcome, and nice find. Should be a fun project. You will get all the help you need on here as there are alot of knowlegable memebers here

Welcome, must be getting harder and harder finding older A-bodies out that way....Great find and good luck with your project :thumbup:

pic4.JPG

Sandy, you got a great deal on that car, if its as good as it looks in pics. I've got the same car with 4spd 318. Good luck, you're off to a good start. Mike

Sandy let's get this one going in the right direction,
I had one and the wife and I started building a house.
And I sold it and to this day I have regretted it ever since.
This site will help you and it make's it so much easier to injoy.
Welcome and keep us posted.

Here is my 63 I sold to help me get a start on our house.
And it was a 1963,225/6 valiant 200 signant red on red.

63 rear view resize.jpg

63g resized.jpg

Welcome Sandy. That's a great find there. There are lots of really great folks here and I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and info. Good luck.

Welcome Sandy. Great find. You sure are lucky to find a car like that in that good of condiction there on the island. Not sure if you would be able to get many parts there. Good luck on the project.

nice find Sandy!!!! AND on your island too!!!

welcome to the site for your car, it's full, FULL, i say, of information
and fun little smilies!!! :naka:...like this very underrated smilie...

welcome aboard, from a true novice.....

blind :glasses1:

Dang Sandy! Good find, good price!

Welcome to the board.

I used to be stationed at Kaneohe. Miss it there.

Welcome aboard, spent a week there last Janury for our 17th anniversary. Can't wait to go back again. Good Luck with the car, looks like you got a great start.

Wlcome onboard Sandy! This is the best website for A-bodies in the world. And what a cars you got to. Not to mention the prize! Good luck

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :toothy7:
I found an engine, '97 Magnum 360 and will be starting to stroke it soon.
Sandy :salut:

Wow that will be a good match to fire up in that 200!!
Been wondering how you where doing
Glad you came back and updated us.
Keep us posted and enjoy.

aloha sandy, really nice find there!
i'm on oahu, so theres some local support here too. i've met a few of the guys from moparshawaii.com, nice fellas. in this hobby, it helps alot to know like minded enthusiasts.
FABO is a GREAT resource for everything A-body, welcome aboard!

p.s. i can't wait to cruise maui when they finally get the superferry running, its gonna be great!

pauly v.100 said:
aloha sandy, really nice find there!
i'm on oahu, so theres some local support here too. i've met a few of the guys from moparshawaii.com, nice fellas. in this hobby, it helps alot to know like minded enthusiasts.
FABO is a GREAT resource for everything A-body, welcome aboard!

p.s. i can't wait to cruise maui when they finally get the superferry running, its gonna be great!

Mahalo for the link and info. I think the ferry starts in July, we'll see.

-
Back